Global TV to launch in September
Global, the parent company of Global Radio, is making its first foray into TV with the launch of Heart TV and Capital TV in September.
Heart TV and Capital TV will have the same brand identity as the Heart and Capital radio stations and will target the same demographics.
The two TV stations will sit in a new division of the company, Global Television, and initially, they will be broadcast on BSkyB's satellite platform and Freesat, the free-to-air satellite platform.
The launch of the TV stations was announced by Ashley Tabor, founder and executive president at Global, in a video link to all Global employees.
It is understood that Global has been planning its expansion into TV since last year and began formulating those plans properly at the beginning of 2012
A spokeswoman for Global Radio said the sales house for the new TV channels would be announced in due course.
Stephen Miron, chief executive of Global Group, said: "The creation of Global TV is another exciting step for the company. We continue to grow our business and I'm sure advertisers will enjoy the opportunity of extending their relationship with Heart and Capital as a result of being on TV."
The unveiling of Global Television is the second expansion news from Global in just over a week – last Monday (June 25), Global Radio bought GMG Radio, owner of the Smooth and Real Radio brands, in a deal thought to be worth up to £70m.
Tabor said: "Global prides itself on clear, simple brand propositions for its consumers. Brand extension is a natural thing for us to do, for example online, mobile and live events, so I'm delighted we're now bringing both Heart and Capital's top-class brand quality to music television."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Project Manager - direct mail and eDM become £35k-£50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Fast growing startup Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 Per Annum company options, London
- Senior Account Manager - Tobacco Account Major Players £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- 3D Designer Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, Windsor
- Senior PR Account Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building