BA Olympic campaign hit 'Super Bowl' moment, says digital boss
Richard Bowden, head of digital and marketing innovation at BA, talks to Marketing about the airline's "Super Bowl" moment with its Olympic-inspired #homeadvantage campaign.
Bowden said its engagment figures linked to the campaign are record-high. The campaign, which featured a Facebook app that let consumers see the brand’s airplane roll down their street, created a "spike" in consumers' social media engagement with the brand.
On Monday, the Facebook customisation app had been used 647,000 times, while the ad had been viewed on youtube 624,849 times since the campaign launched on 19 June. The #HomeAdvantage has also been used in 6,357 conversations.
Bowden told Marketing that its social media strategy is not focused solely on Facebook, but strives to "ignite conversations across social media platforms" from Twitter to Pinterest and YouTube.
He said: "Facebook is important to us – it is a huge social eco system – but choosing which social media platform to launch [a campaign] on depends on the message and what we’re trying to say".
Bowden said social media is an active part of improving its customers experience and allows the brand to work collaboratively with consumers.
"Using social as part of a loyalty offering allows BA to collaborate with customers and build, develop, improve and refine services, which makes consumers want to talk about it further
"Social media isn’t just about brand campaigns but is about long term relationships with consumers."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £47000 per annum, London
- International Accounts Director - exciting media owner Ultimate Asset £90000 - £110000 per annum + 40% bonus, West End
- Mid-weight Project Manager - Global Integrated Agency, up to £40K Story Recruitment up to 40K + great benefits and career progression, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure