Samsung and Mike Skinner team up to break emerging band
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 04 July 2012 12:22PM
Samsung has teamed-up with The Streets frontman Mike Skinner to help break emerging band Man Like Me.
The technology giant has rolled out a video, created by Jam, which features the band members talking about their daily routine.
The band is filmed making music and discussing how the Samsung Galaxy Note handset helps them to do this. The video also features the band’s mentor Mike Skinner.
Samsung intends to launch one of the band's tracks and is supporting the activity with a Twitter campaign.
The activity forms part of Samsung's wider #breakfree campaign, revealed by Marketing, which based on a strategy to align the brand with indie arts and culture to highlight the ‘creative potential’ of the Note.
The first film in the 'Breakfree' series, which launched last month, featured "guerrilla knitter" Olek travelling the UK in a knitted taxi and adorning landmarks with colourful knitted items.
Olek's tour included a visit to Merseyside, where she dressed Anthony Gormley's Iron Men sculpture in knitted jumpsuits, an act that grabbed headlines last month before Samsung's involvement became public.
Although many brands have had a long-standing relationship with music, with the proliferation of digital music more of them are turning to the medium to establish a closer and more emotional connection with consumers.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Manager Customer Engagement - Sports Brand (Relocation) Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Digital Sales Account Director Ultimate Asset £43000 - £45000 per annum + 15-20k comms, London
- Senior Manager Loyalty Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Account Manager: Ecommerce Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £28000 per annum, Stockport
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- Ocean Outdoor finds new owners in Searchlight Capital