Diageo launches Shui Jing Fang in the UK
Diageo has launched its newly-acquired Chinese white spirit brand, Shui Jing Fang, into the GB domestic market.
Great Britain is the first European market to stock Shui Jing Fang as part of Diageo's strategy to build it as an internationally recognised brand.
Shui Jing Fang will have an RRP of £96.19 plus VAT for a 500ml bottle.
The drink will be distributed throughout the UK by SeeWoo, a specialist Oriental food wholesaler headquartered in the UK.
Diageo also plans to introduce Shui Jing Fang into other northern European markets later in 2012.
Andrew Cowan, country director Diageo GB, said: "This launch represents a milestone in the journey of Shui Jing Fang to becoming an international brand and we look forward to working with SeeWoo to build the brand with British consumers."
Diageo claims it is the only international company to have invested at scale in Chinese white spirits.
Shui Jing Fang will initially be aimed at Chinese consumers in Britain, but "baijiu" or "white liquor" products are continuing to gain popularity oversees. This has been put down to rising demand from Chinese travellers and Western business people working with Chinese businesses.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £35,000 - £40,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- CRM & Online Marketing Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £45,000 plus benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Brand Manager / Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, East Midlands Region / West Midlands
- Market Research Analyst - World First Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (City of), London ...
- Half of online advertising will be wasted
- Vodafone to create play from tweets
- Camelot launches first ad for all National Lottery brands
- ZenithOptimedia retains O2 and snatches Spanish market
- An agency view on the 'right to be forgotten'
- Land Rover moves global content and social media to Brooklyn Brothers