Diageo launches Shui Jing Fang in the UK
Diageo has launched its newly-acquired Chinese white spirit brand, Shui Jing Fang, into the GB domestic market.
Great Britain is the first European market to stock Shui Jing Fang as part of Diageo's strategy to build it as an internationally recognised brand.
Shui Jing Fang will have an RRP of £96.19 plus VAT for a 500ml bottle.
The drink will be distributed throughout the UK by SeeWoo, a specialist Oriental food wholesaler headquartered in the UK.
Diageo also plans to introduce Shui Jing Fang into other northern European markets later in 2012.
Andrew Cowan, country director Diageo GB, said: "This launch represents a milestone in the journey of Shui Jing Fang to becoming an international brand and we look forward to working with SeeWoo to build the brand with British consumers."
Diageo claims it is the only international company to have invested at scale in Chinese white spirits.
Shui Jing Fang will initially be aimed at Chinese consumers in Britain, but "baijiu" or "white liquor" products are continuing to gain popularity oversees. This has been put down to rising demand from Chinese travellers and Western business people working with Chinese businesses.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager,Financial services,London,£50k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: +bonus & benefits, London
- Marketing & Communications Exec (FTC) £30k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30,000, Guildford
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant