Miller calls Peroni pitch
SABMiller, the international brewing giant, is looking to consolidate its UK advertising agency arrangements for its Peroni Nastro Azzurro brand.
The review is being conducted by the intermediary The Observatory.
Peroni currently works with a number of agencies including The Bank on its global advertising account and the Leo Burnett Group-owned Arc and Holler. It spends £3m on above-the-line advertising in the UK.
Arc was appointed to Peroni’s direct marketing account in February, while Holler was awarded its digital account after a competitive pitch last month.
The Bank was behind the "primavera/estate" global campaign last year. The ad was shot with a 60s-style Bolex camera, featuring scenes of fashionable men and women in Italy during the summer months. It featured the Italian recording artist Mario Biondi’s version of the track My Girl.
The brand often uses its Italian roots in its advertising. In the past, Peroni has partnered with the Italian film director Gabriele Muccino, who launched a short film to promote the Italian film industry that was shown in cinemas.
The six-minute film, 'Senza Tempo', or 'Timeless' in English, was directed by Muccino, the man behind the films 'The Pursuit Of Happyness' and 'Seven Pounds'. It was set in Rome and told the love story of a heartbroken director.
The film was narrated in Italian with English subtitles and did not mention Peroni, opting instead to feature subtle camera shots of the brand.
Peroni Brewery was founded in Vigevano, Italy in 1846. It is now based in Rome.
Claudia Falcone, global brand director at Peroni Nastro Azzurro, stressed that the review did not include the global advertising account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Packaging Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer/ Creative Director Designate Major Players £40000 - £50000 per annum + Plus Benefits, City of London
- Group Head of Design Gemini Search £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benifits, City of London
- Creative Operations Manager Guru Careers £27 - 32k, Based West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni