BMW fires starting gun on Mini DM review
Mini, the BMW-owned car brand, is reviewing its direct marketing account.
The review, which is statutory, is being conducted in-house. A number of agencies have been approached.
The account, which includes DM and eCRM, is currently overseen by Lida. WCRS, which handles Mini’s advertising business, is unaffected by the review.
Lida has handled Mini’s DM business since 2005, when it won the account from EHS 4D. In 2010, it also picked up Mini’s eCRM account.
The agency was behind Mini’s most recent press and online campaign, which targeted people’s subconscious.
The ads featured an outline of a Mini appearing in unlikely places, such as in jam on a piece of toast. The dedicated online landing page featured a Mini shape appearing in a constellation in the sky, while online ads produced the pattern on the side of a fish in a tank. The work used the strapline: "Mini on your mind?"
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager (Branding) air recruitment Up to £38K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment £32k - £41k dependent on your experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Nissan creates tactical ad 7 mins after royal baby no. 2 announcement
- Advertising tech companies make up fifth of Britain's fastest-growing businesses
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4