MediaCom, Unilever, Global Radio and Absolute Radio win at Arqivas
Global Radio won eight gongs at the Arqiva Commercial Radio Awards, including National Sales Team of the Year, while Absolute Radio, MediaCom and Unilever also picked up awards.
MediaCom beat PHD and sister agency Mindshare to the coveted Media Agency of the Year prize.
The award was collected last night by Charlie Yeates, head of radio trading, Stacey Pratt, head of radio branded content, and senior planner buyers Kirsty Poole, Tom Coare and Lauren Croly.
Unilever beat Lloyds TSB and Vodafone to win Advertiser of the Year. Mindshare's Tracy Roberts (account director, radio) and Ilker Shakir (operations director, Unilever) collected the award for the FMCG giant.
The ceremony was presented by Absolute Radio's Christian O’Connell at London's Westminster Bridge Park Plaza Hotel, and celebrity guests included Take That's Mark Owen and singer Katherine Jenkins
In front of an audience of around 650 radio executives, Global Radio's sales team, including managing director of commercial Mike Gordon and director of commercial strategy Stuart Mays, picked up the National Sales Team of the Year Award.
Absolute Radio won Station of the Year (over 1 Million TSA), beating Global Radio’s 95.8 Capital FM and Bauer Media’s Radio City 96.7.
Most Effective Campaign went to the Heart and More Th>n 2011 campaign, entered by Global Radio and MediaVest, which beat StarcomMediaVest’s entry for the Autoglass Radio Effective Frequency Test and Ikea 'Happy to Bed' with Absolute Radio by Vizeum.
Wieden + Kennedy's 'Do You Believe in the Power of Dreams?' ads for Honda won Best Creative Campaign, beating ads by VCCP for Comparethemarket.com and Global Radio Creative’s work for Peppa Pig World at Paultons Park.
Global Radio also won Best Branded Content with Carat for the Arla Starbuck's Frappuccino and Capital FM Summertime Ball, beating Absolute Radio Live with Swiftcover.com and Gem 106's 'Dangerous Dave Vs The Log Flume'.
Andrew Harrison, chief executive of RadioCentre, said: "The standard of entries this year was particularly high, demonstrating once again, that commercial radio remains in rude health, producing innovative, creative content and compelling radio."
Full list of winners
Presenter of the Year (under 1 Million TSA)
Trevor Marshall 106 JACKfm Oxfordshire
Presenter of the Year (over 1 Million TSA)
Danny Wallace XFM
Programmer of the Year (sponsored by RCS)
James Brownlow 95.8 Capital FM
Newcomer(s) of the Year (sponsored by Skillset)
Emma Barnett LBC 97.3
Journalist or News Team of the Year (Ali Booker Memorial Award)
Radio Aire News Radio Aire
Station of the Year (<300,000 TSA)
Isle of Wight Radio
Station of the Year (300,000 to 1M TSA)
106 JACKfm Oxfordshire
Station of the Year (Over 1 Million TSA)
Breakfast Show of the Year (under 1 Million TSA)
The Bay Breakfast with Danny Matthews The Bay
Breakfast Show of the Year (over 1 Million TSA)
Real Radio Breakfast with Ewen & Cat Real Radio Scotland
Feature(s) of the Year
Ronnie Wood - The Guests Absolute Radio
Specialist Programme of the Year
The Ronnie Wood Show Absolute Radio
Social Action Initiative
Cocaine Unwrapped Real Radio North West
Station Imaging Award
106 JACKfm Oxfordshire
Marketing Award (sponsored by Get Me Media)
Touch FM - Pride of Stratford Awards 2012
Radio Station Event of the Year
Capital’s Jingle Bell Ball
Local Sales Team of the Year (sponsored by NRS Media)
National Sales Team of the Year
Best Branded Content
Arla Starbuck’s Frappuccino and Capital FM Summertime Ball Carat / Capital FM Carat / Global
Best Creative Campaign
Honda - Do You Believe In The Power of Dreams? Wieden + Kennedy, London
Most Effective Campaign
Heart & More Th>n 2011 Heart Global / Mediavest
Advertiser of the Year
Media Agency of the Year
PPL Most Played
John Pickford Key 103
RadioCentre Chairman’s Award
Jay Crawford Real Radio Scotland
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager - FS Jarlett de Grouchy £37000 per annum + Fully Comprehensive Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SP Planner Stopgap £300 - £500 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager: News4Media News4Media Up to £35000 per annum PLUS uncapped monthly commission structure, London (Greater) / Southwark, London (Greater)
- Business Development/Account Manager - £30k Base (£60-70k OTE) - Online Education - London Digital Gurus £30000 Per Annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB