YouView prepares for July roll-out
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 July 2012 10:50AM
After repeated delays, YouView, the internet-connected TV joint venture, will finally be available in shops at the end of this month.
The service - which is backed by ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, BT, TalkTalk and Arqiva - was unveiled at a PR launch fronted by the YouView chairman, Lord Sugar, this week. However, advertising is not expected to break until the autumn. It will be created by Adam & Eve/DDB.
Set-top boxes, priced at £299, will be available from retailers including John Lewis, Currys, Comet and Argos, while BT and TalkTalk will offer them as part of their broadband packages.
YouView allows viewers to "scroll back" seven days of viewing, search on-demand content and record and pause live TV.
The service was originally scheduled to launch in 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director - 9 month maternity cover The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £70K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Associate Director - Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £63000 + pension + additional benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Licensing Senior Category Manager - Valencia Spain . 75,000 Euros Mark Paine Recruitment 75,000 EUROS, Spain
- Creative Brand Strategist Rare Selection £35 - £50K (benefits TBA), London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media