YouView prepares for July roll-out
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 July 2012 10:50AM
After repeated delays, YouView, the internet-connected TV joint venture, will finally be available in shops at the end of this month.
The service - which is backed by ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, BT, TalkTalk and Arqiva - was unveiled at a PR launch fronted by the YouView chairman, Lord Sugar, this week. However, advertising is not expected to break until the autumn. It will be created by Adam & Eve/DDB.
Set-top boxes, priced at £299, will be available from retailers including John Lewis, Currys, Comet and Argos, while BT and TalkTalk will offer them as part of their broadband packages.
YouView allows viewers to "scroll back" seven days of viewing, search on-demand content and record and pause live TV.
The service was originally scheduled to launch in 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Interim Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35,000 to £45,000, Bagshot
- Senior Project Manager Purple Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant