YouView prepares for July roll-out
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 July 2012 10:50AM
After repeated delays, YouView, the internet-connected TV joint venture, will finally be available in shops at the end of this month.
The service - which is backed by ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, BT, TalkTalk and Arqiva - was unveiled at a PR launch fronted by the YouView chairman, Lord Sugar, this week. However, advertising is not expected to break until the autumn. It will be created by Adam & Eve/DDB.
Set-top boxes, priced at £299, will be available from retailers including John Lewis, Currys, Comet and Argos, while BT and TalkTalk will offer them as part of their broadband packages.
YouView allows viewers to "scroll back" seven days of viewing, search on-demand content and record and pause live TV.
The service was originally scheduled to launch in 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Account Director: Liverpool Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Senior Digital Strategist - West London Agency Fill Recruitment to £60k + good benefits, West London
- Head of Business Development - Group Head Sports Ultimate Asset £50000 - £70000 per annum + Which includes Bonus, London