YouView prepares for July roll-out
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 July 2012 10:50AM
After repeated delays, YouView, the internet-connected TV joint venture, will finally be available in shops at the end of this month.
The service - which is backed by ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, BT, TalkTalk and Arqiva - was unveiled at a PR launch fronted by the YouView chairman, Lord Sugar, this week. However, advertising is not expected to break until the autumn. It will be created by Adam & Eve/DDB.
Set-top boxes, priced at £299, will be available from retailers including John Lewis, Currys, Comet and Argos, while BT and TalkTalk will offer them as part of their broadband packages.
YouView allows viewers to "scroll back" seven days of viewing, search on-demand content and record and pause live TV.
The service was originally scheduled to launch in 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- head of strategy collectivo Up to £120,000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22k - dependent on experience + bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance Account Manager / Project Manager air recruitment Up to £32k (pro rata) dependent on experience, London (Central)
- Account Manager or Senior Account Manager (Retail) air recruitment £30K - £40K dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)