YouView prepares for July roll-out
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 July 2012 10:50AM
After repeated delays, YouView, the internet-connected TV joint venture, will finally be available in shops at the end of this month.
The service - which is backed by ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, BT, TalkTalk and Arqiva - was unveiled at a PR launch fronted by the YouView chairman, Lord Sugar, this week. However, advertising is not expected to break until the autumn. It will be created by Adam & Eve/DDB.
Set-top boxes, priced at £299, will be available from retailers including John Lewis, Currys, Comet and Argos, while BT and TalkTalk will offer them as part of their broadband packages.
YouView allows viewers to "scroll back" seven days of viewing, search on-demand content and record and pause live TV.
The service was originally scheduled to launch in 2010.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)