Land Securities hires VCCP for Leeds project
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 July 2012 11:00AM
Land Securities, the shopping centre owner, has appointed VCCP to create a campaign for the launch of its Trinity Leeds retail and leisure space.
VCCP won the business after a pitch against Saatchi & Saatchi, Albion and Mcgarrybowen. The pitch process was handled by AAR.
The agency has an existing relationship with the company, having previously promoted Land Securities' One New Change and Victoria Place centres in London.
The one million square foot Trinity Leeds centre is due to open next spring and will house more than 120 retailers including Topshop, Next, Marks & Spencer, Mango, Hollister and Superdry.
Catherine Thomas, the head of marketing at Land Securities, said: "This is a huge and unique launch for us, and for the city of Leeds, so we need ideas that are truly fresh for the sector. VCCP clearly understood what makes Trinity Leeds unlike any existing retail space, and they blew us away with the scale and freshness of their ideas."
Oliver Lewis-Barclay, the VCCP business director, said: "We're delighted to have won the chance to grow our relationship with Land Securities, especially as Trinity Leeds is going to be such a high-profile launch and destination."
Land Securities already operates the White Rose Shopping Centre, located on the outskirts of Leeds and featuring more than 100 stores including Primark and a range of cafes and food outlets.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Freelance Account Handling, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £250 per day, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show