Land Securities hires VCCP for Leeds project
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 July 2012 11:00AM
Land Securities, the shopping centre owner, has appointed VCCP to create a campaign for the launch of its Trinity Leeds retail and leisure space.
VCCP won the business after a pitch against Saatchi & Saatchi, Albion and Mcgarrybowen. The pitch process was handled by AAR.
The agency has an existing relationship with the company, having previously promoted Land Securities' One New Change and Victoria Place centres in London.
The one million square foot Trinity Leeds centre is due to open next spring and will house more than 120 retailers including Topshop, Next, Marks & Spencer, Mango, Hollister and Superdry.
Catherine Thomas, the head of marketing at Land Securities, said: "This is a huge and unique launch for us, and for the city of Leeds, so we need ideas that are truly fresh for the sector. VCCP clearly understood what makes Trinity Leeds unlike any existing retail space, and they blew us away with the scale and freshness of their ideas."
Oliver Lewis-Barclay, the VCCP business director, said: "We're delighted to have won the chance to grow our relationship with Land Securities, especially as Trinity Leeds is going to be such a high-profile launch and destination."
Land Securities already operates the White Rose Shopping Centre, located on the outskirts of Leeds and featuring more than 100 stores including Primark and a range of cafes and food outlets.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Agency Sales Manager - soft-sell, premium inventory, top site! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, West End
- Insights Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Audience Development Director - SEO, Social & Content - CLIENT Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + bens, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account