campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 July 2012 08:00AM
Wieden+Kennedy, along with VCCP and TBWA\UK, have been burning the midnight oil in preparation for the mammoth Tesco pitch on 16 July.
But not every agency has made its hard work quite as public as W+K. Its Twitter feed, @w2optimism, has kindly been keeping followers abreast of its late nights of hard graft.
Ay, caramba! It's all moving along at a glacial pace on the Old El Paso pitch.
The two competing agencies, 18 Feet & Rising and Bartle Bogle Hegarty, were supposed to hear the result in Paris last Tuesday but instead had to make further presentations. Now the global Old El Paso client team is regrouping and has promised to get back to the agencies concerned in two weeks' time to inform them of the next steps.
In better news, it's getting closer to crunch time on the Jordans & Ryvita Company review. The shortlist is out and on it are CHI & Partners, Creature London and CST The Gate. The review of the £6 million advertising account was called in May and it is understood the process is being handled by ISBA. The incumbent, Grey, declined to repitch for the business.
Arcadia has finalised its shortlist for its media review. The four agencies pitching are Goodstuff Communications, Arena Media, Maxus and the7stars. The freelance consultant Rania Robinson is handling the process.
Now that the Center Parcs shortlist has been drawn up, with the incumbent, MediaCom, deciding not to repitch for the account, Butlins has invited agencies including MediaCom, MEC, OMD and the incumbent, ZenithOptimedia, for chemistry meetings. It will then shortlist three to pitch. The review is being held by AAR.
New-business directors in media agencies have also been looking forward to the NSPCC request for information appearing in their inboxes.
At the same time, briefs have been arriving for the Air New Zealand media account, currently handled by Walker Media.
The result on the Illva Saronno media pitch, contested by the incumbent, MEC, against MPG Media Contacts, the7stars and Vizeum, has been delayed until the end of the month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Category manager - ontrade / Convenience Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum, West London
- SEO Consultant - Rapidly Growing Agency!!! SAVVY Media Ltd £20K - 25K, Luton, Bedfordshire
- Senior brand manager - perfume Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again