campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 July 2012 08:00AM
Wieden+Kennedy, along with VCCP and TBWA\UK, have been burning the midnight oil in preparation for the mammoth Tesco pitch on 16 July.
But not every agency has made its hard work quite as public as W+K. Its Twitter feed, @w2optimism, has kindly been keeping followers abreast of its late nights of hard graft.
Ay, caramba! It's all moving along at a glacial pace on the Old El Paso pitch.
The two competing agencies, 18 Feet & Rising and Bartle Bogle Hegarty, were supposed to hear the result in Paris last Tuesday but instead had to make further presentations. Now the global Old El Paso client team is regrouping and has promised to get back to the agencies concerned in two weeks' time to inform them of the next steps.
In better news, it's getting closer to crunch time on the Jordans & Ryvita Company review. The shortlist is out and on it are CHI & Partners, Creature London and CST The Gate. The review of the £6 million advertising account was called in May and it is understood the process is being handled by ISBA. The incumbent, Grey, declined to repitch for the business.
Arcadia has finalised its shortlist for its media review. The four agencies pitching are Goodstuff Communications, Arena Media, Maxus and the7stars. The freelance consultant Rania Robinson is handling the process.
Now that the Center Parcs shortlist has been drawn up, with the incumbent, MediaCom, deciding not to repitch for the account, Butlins has invited agencies including MediaCom, MEC, OMD and the incumbent, ZenithOptimedia, for chemistry meetings. It will then shortlist three to pitch. The review is being held by AAR.
New-business directors in media agencies have also been looking forward to the NSPCC request for information appearing in their inboxes.
At the same time, briefs have been arriving for the Air New Zealand media account, currently handled by Walker Media.
The result on the Illva Saronno media pitch, contested by the incumbent, MEC, against MPG Media Contacts, the7stars and Vizeum, has been delayed until the end of the month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- PPC Specialist Homeaway Uk Ltd Attractive package, Victoria Station
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £12 - £15 per hour, Cheshunt
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement