Campaign Viral Chart: Topless Abercrombie retains the crowd but Google joins leaders
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 July 2012 08:30AM
The bare-chested models of Abercrombie & Fitch have once again taken first place, with 147,000 shares this week, while two ads from Google - including one for its new Nexus 7 tablet - have crept into the bottom half of the chart.
The ad, created in-house at Abercrombie & Fitch, features a troop of its male models lip-syncing to Carlie Ray-Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' on a tour of the world, and has racked up almost seven million views and more than 10,000 comments.
Meanwhile, the ad for Google's tablet, the Nexus 7, announced last week, was shared 5,497 times and made it to ninth position in the chart.
Microsoft's Surface ad, this week in last place, remains the most successful of this summer's tech launches, having peaked in second place with more than 216,000 shares, ahead of both the Nexus and Apple's ad for its latest Macbook Pro.
PBS Studio's 'Mr Rogers remixed' spends its last week in the chart in fifth place, having secured the top spot on its debut three weeks ago.
Elsewhere, two Nike ads have entered the chart, receiving combined shares of more than 24,500 this week.
'Game on, world' and 'jus' fly dunk', both created by Wieden & Kennedy, have been viewed 3.2 million times between them.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
Due to technical issues with Twitter's API, shares from the social network were not included in the count.
1. Abercrombie & Fitch 'call me maybe' created in-house
147,959 shares this week
All time: 1,446,304 shares
2. BMW 'bullet' by Cundari, Toronto
28,352 shares this week
All time: 204,371 shares
3. Coca Cola 'security cameras' by Landia
18,064 shares this week
All time: 467,509 shares
4. Nike 'jus' fly dunk' by Wieden & Kennedy
17,155 shares this week
All time: 66,270 shares
5. PBS 'Mr Rogers remixed' created in-house
16,936 shares this week
All time: 889,412 shares
6. Nokia 'Dark Knight Rises' by Warner Bros.
13,726 shares this week
All time: 354,320 shares
7. Nike 'game on, world' by Wieden & Kennedy
7,361 shares this week
All time: 11,086 shares
8. Google 'project glass: sky-diving demo' created in-house
6,183 shares this week
All time: 15,078 shares
9. Google 'introducing Nexus 7' created in-house
5,497 shares this week
All time: 14,051 shares
10. Microsoft 'surface' created in-house
5,066 shares this week
All time: 263,831 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Business Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager/ Ad Ops Europe Aspire Mobile c£45,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Agency Sales Account Director - Mobile Location Advertising Aspire Mobile c£70,000 + 50% bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media