Heineken to use fans photos for Olympic activity
Heineken is to activate its sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games through an online hub with fan-generated content.
Throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Games, Heineken will ask fans to upload photos celebrating the Olympics. The best pictures will be displayed at JCDecaux’s Transvision digital screen at Charing Cross station.
As part of its marketing activity around the games Heineken has booked all faces on the Transvision screen for four weeks.
Heineken is to use homepage takeovers on Yahoo and Eurosport.com websites, geo-targeted mobile ads and the sponsored hashtag #celebratelondon2012 on Twitter to direct people to follow @Heineken_UK and visit the fan hub.
As part of the activity, devised and implemented by MediaVest with creative work by Iris London, digital outdoor screens throughout London Underground and rail stations will display "near-live" content from the Heineken fan hub.
The online hub will go live next week and will provide a guide to useful information about the Olympic and Paralympic Games including where to find big screens showing footage, a daily blog and pictures and Tweets from fans.
Elsewhere, Heineken is kitting out 150 London pubs with banners, posters, beer taps and Olympic-branded glassware and provided Heineken-green uniforms for staff. It has also taken over Alexander Palace in North London, which will host the Dutch Olympic Committee.
Louise Dennett, UK brand manager for Heineken, said: "Our involvement with the Olympics is very much about the celebratory aspect of watching and enjoying the action whilst enjoying a cold Heineken.
"This exciting activation across online, outdoor and mobile creates a customer journey throughout the day providing near-live celebration updates for the fans."
The fan hub will go live at: www.thefanhub.co.uk next week.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £50000 per annum, Berkshire
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show