Tesco offers Clubcard points to Facebook users who promote products
Tesco is offering double Clubcard points to people who use Facebook to like, share and buy products on its ecommerce site, as part of a four-week trial.
Customers who want to take advantage of the deal have to register for the Share & Earn Facebook app that can be found via the brand’s Facebook page.
Facebook users can then post products they "like" to their Facebook wall. If their friends buy the products after clicking through the Facebook post, both the sharer and the purchaser will earn Clubcard points for the purchase.
Tesco currently has 839,703 likes on Facebook and uses its page to promote promotions such as discounts on goods ordered online and competitions to win Tesco products.
Matthew Entwistle, marketing director for general merchandise online at Tesco, said: "More and more of our customers are using Facebook to chat about and recommend products they like from Tesco Direct."
Dell launched a "share and earn" scheme in April that enabled customers who promoted Dell products to earn £5 if one of their "shares" led to a sale of a Dell product worth more than £70.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Design. #BANNERCAMPAIGNS #EMAILDESIGNS Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- JUNIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER #ESHOTS #WEBDESIGN #SOCIALMEDIA Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Junior Artworker #RETAIL #FASHION #CONSUMERGOODS #PACKAGING Creative Recruitment £23000 per annum, London