RB launches first sexual health website for Durex
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 July 2012 10:33AM
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) is preparing to launch its first sexual health website for Durex, as part of its new global digital strategy for the condom and sex toys brand.
The website, created by Iris, will contain a range of interactive content based around the proposition of helping its customers 'love sex'.
Features include 'Lad chat', where women can discuss the meaning behind what men have said to them, the 'Top 50', where Durex will write articles on the Top 50 most popular sexual queries each month on Google, and videos such as how to put on a condom.
The digital strategy will have strong social media component. The site will roll out globally in 10 markets in September.
Nick Bridden, global digital marketing manager at Durex, said: "We want to take the brand to the next level in the new consumer-driven marketing era. The brand website will be built with the consumer at its heart."
Marketing revealed in February that the FMCG giant was planning to ramp up its digital marketing for Durex as part of its wider 'power brands' strategy.
Previous digital work from Durex includes its "Naked Box" campaign, created by Iris, which invited Facebook users to design a new look and feel for its new product range using a number of design tools.
Refik Oner, category manager for health and personal care at Reckitt Benckiser UK, told Marketing earlier this year that the company is "on a bit of a mission to change the perception of the sector so that people can see it as the natural thing it really is."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Stopgap £50000 per annum + pro rata - 4-6 months, Hertfordshire
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3