Global appoints Sky Media for Heart and Capital TV ad sales
Global Group has appointed BSkyB's ad sales house Sky Media to handle the ad sales for Heart TV and Capital TV when the channels launch in September.
Sky Media will be responsible for the TV spot ad sales on both channels, while Global Radio's creative solutions team will sell sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
Sky Media will sell Heart TV and Capital TV alongside its portfolio of music channels, including the MTV network, hip hop channel Flava, Chartshow TV and Dance Nation.
Initially the channels are expected to be a juke box of music videos from artists from the Heart and Capital playlists but it is expected their schedules will expand to include broadcasts of Global’s live events.
Heart TV will target the same demographic as the radio station, and is expected to reach main shoppers such as housewives with children, while Capital TV will target the Capital network’s younger audience.
Richard Hawking, operations director at Sky Media, said: "We're pleased to be partnering with Global as these two iconic radio brands transition onto TV.
"The new channels enhance our already diverse music TV portfolio, and we look forward to engaging with advertisers who want to take advantage of this exciting new opportunity."
Global Group announced plans to launch TV stations on Tuesday, just over a week after confirming it had bought GMG Radio, owner of Real Radio and Smooth Radio.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief