Global appoints Sky Media for Heart and Capital TV ad sales
Global Group has appointed BSkyB's ad sales house Sky Media to handle the ad sales for Heart TV and Capital TV when the channels launch in September.
Sky Media will be responsible for the TV spot ad sales on both channels, while Global Radio's creative solutions team will sell sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
Sky Media will sell Heart TV and Capital TV alongside its portfolio of music channels, including the MTV network, hip hop channel Flava, Chartshow TV and Dance Nation.
Initially the channels are expected to be a juke box of music videos from artists from the Heart and Capital playlists but it is expected their schedules will expand to include broadcasts of Global’s live events.
Heart TV will target the same demographic as the radio station, and is expected to reach main shoppers such as housewives with children, while Capital TV will target the Capital network’s younger audience.
Richard Hawking, operations director at Sky Media, said: "We're pleased to be partnering with Global as these two iconic radio brands transition onto TV.
"The new channels enhance our already diverse music TV portfolio, and we look forward to engaging with advertisers who want to take advantage of this exciting new opportunity."
Global Group announced plans to launch TV stations on Tuesday, just over a week after confirming it had bought GMG Radio, owner of Real Radio and Smooth Radio.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- UX DESIGNER - (Creative, User Experience, Layout, Branding) Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum + Negotiable, London
- Frontend Developer Digital Gurus £35000 - £60000 Per Annum Bonus and Benefits, London
- Brand Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits package, London
- Sales Manager- Travel - Programmatic Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum + commission, benefits & shares!, London
- Middleweight Print Designer Major Players £22000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits package, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch