Tim Berners-Lee and Duke of York star in kids' coding viral
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 06 July 2012 11:52AM
World wide web founder Sir Tim Berners-Lee, YouTube founder Chad Hurley and The Duke of York are starring in an online video spoof designed to get kids coding.
Code Club, a project that helps teach primary school children how to write code, is behind the video that features three children hosting a mock job interview with some of the internet’s biggest names.
Albion London created the video and the three children in it are played by Jack Belcher, Albion CEO Jason Goodman’s daughter Skye Goodman and executive creative director Nick Darken’s son Teal Darken.
The video also stars The Duke of York, Shadow Minister for the Olympics Dame Tessa Jowell, Skype founder Niklas Zennstrom, Lastminute founders Brent Hoberman and Martha Lane Fox, and Facebook VP and managing director of EMEA Joanna Shields.
Code Club’s video has reached over 600,000 views in less than two weeks and was created in seven hours at the Founders Forum summit.
The Founders Forum is a community of entrepreneurs set up by Lastminute founder Hoberman. The Code Club project is currently being trialled in 25 schools nationwide.
Hotspur & Argyle was the production company for the video and Unruly Media is handling its distribution.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Partnerships Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Account Manager- International Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Publisher Manager - Business Development Ultimate Asset £40000 - £60000 per annum + benefits, London