Kellogg's brings back 'The trouble is they taste too good' strapline
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 09 July 2012 09:21AM
Kellogg's is reviving Crunchy Nut's "The trouble is they taste too good" strapline, last used in 1980s ads featuring Hugh Laurie, in its latest advertising campaign and is to open pop-up restaurants serving the cereal.
The strapline appeared back in 1985, in a series of Crunch Nut ads which features a young Hugh Laurie before he shot to fame in 'Blackadder.' It has not been used for years.
The new marketing campaign begins this month with the TV campaign created by Leo Burnett, and will also run sampling and experiential activity.
Kellogg’s will also be opening up pop-up restaurants serving Crunchy Nut in Birmingham's Bullring, Manchester’s Arndale shopping centre, and Westfield White City.
The sampling campaign will hit 156 supermarkets nationwide and four million product samples and coupons will be dropped to target homes across Britain.
The experiential campaign has been made by the Lounge Group and the digital activity by Glue Isobar.
The reviving of Crunchy Nut's 1980s strapline follows the decision by Kellogg’s earlier this year not to renew comedian Rob Brydon's contract as the brand's front man. Brydon previously appeared as Bruce Bowls, an anchorman for fictional TV show 'Good Morning'.
It follows the decision by Kellogg's to ditch using the svelte red swimwear girl in ads for its Special K brand.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager/Account Director Reuben Sinclair £40000 - £55000 per hour + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, London
- Head of Digital Design. #BANNERCAMPAIGNS #EMAILDESIGNS Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- JUNIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER #ESHOTS #WEBDESIGN #SOCIALMEDIA Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London