B&Q reviews £40m ad account
B&Q is reviewing is estimated £40m advertising account, currently handled by McCann London.
An in-house consultant is handling the process following a procurement-led review of the business.
McCann London and seven other agencies have been invited to take part in chemistry meetings, which will take place next week.
The agency has worked with B&Q for three years after winning the business following a pitch against WCRS, Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy (MCBD), and Rapier.
McCann handles the TV and radio for the brand, while Network is responsible for the print and Addiction create the idents.
McCann's last TV ad for B&Q launched in March and aimed to inspire customers with the confidence to improve their homes and gardens. The ad moved away from a functionally driven strategy to an emotionally-led approach and focussed on "everyday people" at key moments in their lives, such as a couple decorating a nursery.
In May, B&Q called a review of CRM and direct marketing business for its TradePoint business, which targets professionals in the building trade. The retailer approached a number of agencies about the review as it seeks to ramp up its loyalty programme across its trade customers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Sales and Marketing Manager England Hockey £34k - £40k, Buckinghamshire
- Senior Art Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Sales Manager - Cutting Edge Tech Solution Ultimate Asset Ã‚£48000 - Ã‚£55000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, City of London
- Content Sales Account Manager - Native Advertising Ultimate Asset Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£42000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- Sales Executive-Video/Social/Branded Content Ultimate Asset Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake