IPA appoints Lee and Loughran to chair New Business and Marketing Group
The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising has appointed Leo Burnett's Katie Lee and Aegis Media's Cormac Loughran as the new joint chairmen of the IPA's New Business and Marketing Group.
The two new business leaders take over from Helen Weisinger, group chief marketing officer at EDC and Mark Robinson, acting marketing director at MPG Media Contacts.
|Cormac Loughran, Aegis||Katie Lee, Leo Burnett
Lee said she was "delighted" to be co-chairing the group and looked forward to "working closely with Cormac to help shape new business best practice in this constantly evolving landscape".
Loughran was equally "thrilled" to be given the opportunity, adding: "In a world where there is an abundance of agencies and a dearth of opportunity, it's never been more challenging for agencies to win new business."
The number of new-business pitches in 2011 declined by 13%, according to research from AAR. In advertising, the number of pitches – 219 – was flat on 2010, although the value of the pitches increased.
AAR also noted that the trend for large clients to hold integrated pitches disappeared in 2011, with most integrated pitches for smaller clients. In media, the number of communications and planning pitches collapsed, while full-service media reviews also fell.
|Tom George, MEC||Jed Glanvill, Mindshare
|Elsewhere, Loughran’s former boss Tom George, chairman of MEC London, has been appointed as the new chair of the IPA’s Media Futures Group. He will be flanked by Jed Glanvill, chief executive of Mindshare, who becomes deputy chair.
George succeeds Omnicom’s Steve Williams who has recently left OMD UK to become president of PHD New York.
The chairmanship of IPA’s groups are open to its existing members and are usually awarded for a two-year period. The appointment of any chairman requires council’s approval and, wherever possible, chairs are already residents on the council in question.
Follow Arif Durrani on Twitter: @DurraniMix
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Director Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/CA,
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure