Smirnoff European marketing chief departs
Diageo has parted ways with Simon Breckon, its top vodka marketer in Europe.
Breckon, the European marketing director for vodkas is believed to have left the drinks company at the end of last month.
Philip Gladman, Diageo’s Western Europe white spirits marketing director, is filling the vacancy on an interim basis.
Breckon was responsible for the sales and marketing of Smirnoff, the world’s best-selling vodka, as well as premium vodka brands Ciroc and Ketel One.
He also oversaw agency relations, and in May appointed Splendid Communications to handle Smirnoff’s £1m social media and PR account for Western Europe.
Breckon, who joined Diageo in 2007, held several roles during his tenure at the company, including global marketing director for its gin portfolio, marketing director for Nigeria and regional brand director for Guinness Africa.
Before joining Diageo, he worked as a marketing manager for Heinz.
Diageo refused to comment on Breckon’s departure.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Media Planner / Buyer - DRTV & Brand Response TV ADLIB £24k - £28k + Bonus, North Somerset
- Content Manager Mortimer Spinks £22000 - £29000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits , Rugby
- Senior Integrated Project Manager Premier Media £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure