Smirnoff European marketing chief departs
Diageo has parted ways with Simon Breckon, its top vodka marketer in Europe.
Breckon, the European marketing director for vodkas is believed to have left the drinks company at the end of last month.
Philip Gladman, Diageo’s Western Europe white spirits marketing director, is filling the vacancy on an interim basis.
Breckon was responsible for the sales and marketing of Smirnoff, the world’s best-selling vodka, as well as premium vodka brands Ciroc and Ketel One.
He also oversaw agency relations, and in May appointed Splendid Communications to handle Smirnoff’s £1m social media and PR account for Western Europe.
Breckon, who joined Diageo in 2007, held several roles during his tenure at the company, including global marketing director for its gin portfolio, marketing director for Nigeria and regional brand director for Guinness Africa.
Before joining Diageo, he worked as a marketing manager for Heinz.
Diageo refused to comment on Breckon’s departure.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham