Smirnoff European marketing chief departs
Diageo has parted ways with Simon Breckon, its top vodka marketer in Europe.
Breckon, the European marketing director for vodkas is believed to have left the drinks company at the end of last month.
Philip Gladman, Diageo’s Western Europe white spirits marketing director, is filling the vacancy on an interim basis.
Breckon was responsible for the sales and marketing of Smirnoff, the world’s best-selling vodka, as well as premium vodka brands Ciroc and Ketel One.
He also oversaw agency relations, and in May appointed Splendid Communications to handle Smirnoff’s £1m social media and PR account for Western Europe.
Breckon, who joined Diageo in 2007, held several roles during his tenure at the company, including global marketing director for its gin portfolio, marketing director for Nigeria and regional brand director for Guinness Africa.
Before joining Diageo, he worked as a marketing manager for Heinz.
Diageo refused to comment on Breckon’s departure.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of Marketing (Software) Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Associate Creative Director The Great & The Good £58000 - £64000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Head of Marketing, Beauty, Mat Cover Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Freelance Graphics Project Manager - Exhibitions Network Career Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £42000 per annum, Norwich
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity