Smirnoff European marketing chief departs
Diageo has parted ways with Simon Breckon, its top vodka marketer in Europe.
Breckon, the European marketing director for vodkas is believed to have left the drinks company at the end of last month.
Philip Gladman, Diageo’s Western Europe white spirits marketing director, is filling the vacancy on an interim basis.
Breckon was responsible for the sales and marketing of Smirnoff, the world’s best-selling vodka, as well as premium vodka brands Ciroc and Ketel One.
He also oversaw agency relations, and in May appointed Splendid Communications to handle Smirnoff’s £1m social media and PR account for Western Europe.
Breckon, who joined Diageo in 2007, held several roles during his tenure at the company, including global marketing director for its gin portfolio, marketing director for Nigeria and regional brand director for Guinness Africa.
Before joining Diageo, he worked as a marketing manager for Heinz.
Diageo refused to comment on Breckon’s departure.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Weetabix Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, London (Greater) / Northamptonshire / Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Lead Pricing Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Creative Production Controller | Maternity Nu Creative Talent negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup