Smirnoff European marketing chief departs
Diageo has parted ways with Simon Breckon, its top vodka marketer in Europe.
Breckon, the European marketing director for vodkas is believed to have left the drinks company at the end of last month.
Philip Gladman, Diageo’s Western Europe white spirits marketing director, is filling the vacancy on an interim basis.
Breckon was responsible for the sales and marketing of Smirnoff, the world’s best-selling vodka, as well as premium vodka brands Ciroc and Ketel One.
He also oversaw agency relations, and in May appointed Splendid Communications to handle Smirnoff’s £1m social media and PR account for Western Europe.
Breckon, who joined Diageo in 2007, held several roles during his tenure at the company, including global marketing director for its gin portfolio, marketing director for Nigeria and regional brand director for Guinness Africa.
Before joining Diageo, he worked as a marketing manager for Heinz.
Diageo refused to comment on Breckon’s departure.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Freelance Role, £300 a day. DRTV / TV ATL role MODA consult £300 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director / Group Account Director - Maternity Cover Integrated Role MODA consult £60k - £65k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director - Maternity Cover ATL / TV Role MODA consult £42k - £45k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location