M&S shakes up management team as sales fall
Marks & Spencer is to part company with executive director of general merchandise Kate Bostock and has hired a style director and strategy director, as it posted a 0.7% loss in first-quarter group sales.
Bostock is leaving M&S after eight years "by mutual consent", to pursue other interests, effective 1 October.
She will be replaced by John Dixon, who has been with the company for 26 years, and is currently the executive director of food. Dixon will report directly to chief executive Marc Bolland.
Two new positions have been created as part of the changes by Bolland. Belinda Earl, previously the chief executive of Debenhams, Jaeger and Aquascutum, will take up the position of style director on 1 September, reporting to Dixon and working two to three days a week.
In addition, Patrick Bousquet-Chavanne, the former group president of The Estée Lauder Companies, will take on the new role of corporate director of strategy implementation and business development from 1 September.
Earl's role will involve her spending two to three days each week focusing on product, while Bousquet-Chavanne will be developing strategic initiatives and new concepts across the company.
Dixon's position will be filled by Steve Rowe, currently director of retail.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Dealer consultant / regional marketing manager - automotive David Thatcher Recruitment c£35k + car, South Buckinghamshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show