WCRS beats VCCP and BMB to Warburtons £8m ad account
Warburtons has appointed WCRS to handle its £8m advertising account following a three-way shoot out against VCCP and BMB.
The agency picked up the account following a review in April. WCRS won the pitch against VCCP and Beattie McGuinness Bungay (BMB).
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R was the incumbent on the business, which it won from Bartle Bogle Hegarty in 2009, ending a 12-year relationship.
The account followed Richard Exon two years after he left BBH to join RKCR/Y&R. The former chief executive has since quit RKCR/Y&R to launch his own agency, Joint.
RKCR/Y&R focused on promoting the company as a Bolton-based bakery family bakery. The agency’s debut campaign was shot in a mock-epic Hollywood style and showed Warburtons employees preparing an early morning bread delivery. It also included a cameo by the company chairman, Jonathan Warburton.
This contrasted with BBH’s final campaign, in which a Japanese businessman found that every business in the UK bore the Warburtons name.
Jonathan Warburton, Warburtons chairman and chief executive said: "We were very impressed by WCRS's understanding of our business and brand, as well as their strategic and creative thought process."
He added: "The new relationship marks the start of a new chapter in Warburtons creative advertising and we look forward to working with WCRS over the next coming months."
Matt Edwards, chief executive at WCRS, said: "WCRS has always thrived on building great British brands so we’re delighted to be appointed by Britain’s favourite family baker."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Traffic Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Leicestershire
- Account Executive Dynamic New Alliances £18000.00 - £23000.00 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager AF Selection £27,000 - £35,000 , Leicestershire