Sorrell to carry Olympic Flame
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 12:35PM
WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell has accepted an invitation from the International Olympic Committee to be a torchbearer for the Olympic Flame in the London Borough of Redbridge.
Sorrell is scheduled to become one of 32 torchbearers in Redbridge, in the North East of the capital, on 22 July, five days before the Opening Ceremony for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
A spokesman for the International Olympic Committee in Switzerland said: ‘Sir Martin Sorrell has been a long-term friend and adviser of the Olympic movement, regularly offering advice and counsel.
‘He played a key role in the Olympic Congress in 2009 where he helped the movement formulate its strategy to reach out to young athletes and sports fans.’
A WPP spokesman said: ‘Martin has had a long association with the Olympic movement. He supported the successful London 2012 bid campaign, including in Singapore during the run-up to the vote in 2005. The IOC invited him to take part in the torch relay and he was delighted to accept.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Content Communications Manager Ellwood Atfield £45,000 - £50,000, North West of London
- Account Manager - SEO and German speaking Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London
- Account Executive Dynamic New Alliances £18000.00 - £22000.00 per annum, City of London
- account manager > ATL > AUTOMOTIVE collectivo Up to £32,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues