Sorrell to carry Olympic Flame
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 12:35PM
WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell has accepted an invitation from the International Olympic Committee to be a torchbearer for the Olympic Flame in the London Borough of Redbridge.
Sorrell is scheduled to become one of 32 torchbearers in Redbridge, in the North East of the capital, on 22 July, five days before the Opening Ceremony for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
A spokesman for the International Olympic Committee in Switzerland said: ‘Sir Martin Sorrell has been a long-term friend and adviser of the Olympic movement, regularly offering advice and counsel.
‘He played a key role in the Olympic Congress in 2009 where he helped the movement formulate its strategy to reach out to young athletes and sports fans.’
A WPP spokesman said: ‘Martin has had a long association with the Olympic movement. He supported the successful London 2012 bid campaign, including in Singapore during the run-up to the vote in 2005. The IOC invited him to take part in the torch relay and he was delighted to accept.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Conference Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + plus excellent benefits, Rickmansworth
- Mid Weight 3D Retail Designer Dynamic New Alliances £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Windsor
- PR Manager - 9 month contract Brand Recruitment Excellent salary plus benefits , Dunstable
- Digital Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Ipswich
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'