Sorrell to carry Olympic Flame
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 12:35PM
WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell has accepted an invitation from the International Olympic Committee to be a torchbearer for the Olympic Flame in the London Borough of Redbridge.
Sorrell is scheduled to become one of 32 torchbearers in Redbridge, in the North East of the capital, on 22 July, five days before the Opening Ceremony for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
A spokesman for the International Olympic Committee in Switzerland said: ‘Sir Martin Sorrell has been a long-term friend and adviser of the Olympic movement, regularly offering advice and counsel.
‘He played a key role in the Olympic Congress in 2009 where he helped the movement formulate its strategy to reach out to young athletes and sports fans.’
A WPP spokesman said: ‘Martin has had a long association with the Olympic movement. He supported the successful London 2012 bid campaign, including in Singapore during the run-up to the vote in 2005. The IOC invited him to take part in the torch relay and he was delighted to accept.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £45K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection Up to £75K + benefits, including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £48500 + non contributory pension + additional benefits, Surrey
- Senior Brand Strategist / Planning Director Rare Selection Up to £65000 + excellent benefits, including pension and bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Creative Integrated Agency London Twist Recruitment £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benefits, North London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts