Sorrell to carry Olympic Flame
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 July 2012 12:35PM
WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell has accepted an invitation from the International Olympic Committee to be a torchbearer for the Olympic Flame in the London Borough of Redbridge.
Sorrell is scheduled to become one of 32 torchbearers in Redbridge, in the North East of the capital, on 22 July, five days before the Opening Ceremony for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
A spokesman for the International Olympic Committee in Switzerland said: ‘Sir Martin Sorrell has been a long-term friend and adviser of the Olympic movement, regularly offering advice and counsel.
‘He played a key role in the Olympic Congress in 2009 where he helped the movement formulate its strategy to reach out to young athletes and sports fans.’
A WPP spokesman said: ‘Martin has had a long association with the Olympic movement. He supported the successful London 2012 bid campaign, including in Singapore during the run-up to the vote in 2005. The IOC invited him to take part in the torch relay and he was delighted to accept.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Qualitative Associate Director PSD Group Circa £50K + package, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance Digital Designers Source £250 - £425 per day, London
- Marketing Communications Executive Stopgap £22000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Paid Search (PPC) Account Manager - London - up to £29K basic Adam Recruitment £25000 - £29000 per annum, London
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign