Tena Protective Underwear signs daytime sponsorship deal
Tena Protective Underwear, the SCA -owned hygiene incontinence brand, has signed a six-figure six-month deal to sponsor a range of daytime programming on UKTV's Gold, Alibi and Yesterday.
Tena Protective Underwear will sponsor the 'Timeless Classics' strand that runs across comedy channel Gold, crime drama specialist Alibi and Yesterday, the channel for comedy and dramas inspired by the past.
The deal was negotiated by Carat and the idents, which were made by Biscuit, show a leading actress in a drama who is wearing Tena Protective Underwear under her clothes.
The light-hearted idents then pull away from the actress to show the side of a TV shoot not usually seen by viewers, such as the actress you thought was on an upper floor, jumping out of a ground-floor window.
The sponsorship was sold on UKTV's behalf by Channel 4's ad sales team.
Ines Wessels, brand manager at Tena, said: "This is a great example of how tackling the issue of bladder weakness in a mainstream and creative way can help us in our objective to break down barriers and improve acceptance of this very common condition."
The sponsorship will supplement the existing campaign for incontinence pad brand Tena Light, which is running around "indulgent entertainment" programming on UKTV’s lifestyle channel Really.
Amanda Burningham, associate director at Carat Sponsorship, said: "We needed to develop a sponsorship that perfectly targeted the Tena audience, while offering longevity and the opportunity to engage the audience by bringing the brand’s key messages to life."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Advertising Operations (Ad Ops) - AGENCY Harnham £40000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, West End
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Director Stopgap £55000 - £57000 per annum, London