MEC promotes Hamish Davies to EMEA client service director
Hamish Davies, managing partner at MEC global solutions, has been promoted to the new position of regional client service director for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, MEC.
In his new role, Davies will be charged with driving client relationships to ensure MEC prioritises its clients' needs across the EMEA region and will also develop new business opportunities.
He will join MEC's European executive committee and he will retain his senior leadership role with MEC's major international clients, such as Paramount, Nestle and Campbell’s Soup.
The promotion is effective immediately and Davies now reports to Alastair Aird, MEC's global chief operating officer and chairman of EMEA, and Caroline Foster Kenny, global chief client officer at MEC
After joining MEC (then CIA) as a planner buyer in 1995, Davies moved into comms planning, before joining the international global solutions team in 2003 as head of client management.
He became managing partner, global solutions in 2005.
Davies started his career as a graduate marketer at Prudential.
Aird said: "Hamish is an exceptional client leader, he rolls up his sleeves and makes things happen. With this appointment we are ensuring that the region becomes even stronger, driving genuine client centricity for our future growth and success."
In April, MEC’s London-based global solutions team appointed Coca-Cola communications planning director Michael Dick as its head of strategy and Francesca Ronfini, formerly a partner at Aegis Media's Jumptank, as strategy partner.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers