Mother creates Coca-Cola torch relay ad in run-up to Games
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 11:44AM
Coke is to air the next phase of its Olympic 'Move To The Beat' campaign, which will feature footage from the UK-wide torch relay.
The ad, created by Mother, will form a central plank of Coca-Cola's 'Move To The Beat' activity.
It airs on Monday (16 July) and shows different runners in different parts of the country holding the torch, spliced between footage of street parties and torch-relay processions from up and down the UK.
The runners in the ad are a group of six winners, aged between 16 and 26, of Coca-Cola's 'Future Flames' activity, which allowed members of the public to nominate the people in their local area that they believed deserved the accolade for their contribution to their community.
The ad uses a remixed version of Mark Ronson and Katy B's specially created track, 'Anywhere in the world', and ends with the line, "Celebrate Britain's beat with Coca-Cola."
The TV work is supported by outdoor and digital activity, along with the creation of a "colourful and visual representation" of the campaign for consumers to visit at the Olympic Park.
Coca-Cola is one of three presenting partners of the 70-day Olympic Torch Relay, alongside Samsung and Lloyds TSB.
James Eadie, Olympic portfolio director, Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "This latest instalment brings together our activity as a presenting partner of the Olympic Torch Relay with our 'Move To The Beat' campaign – celebrating our 'Future Flames' remarkable achievements by not only carrying the flame for Coca-Cola, but now also appearing in our new TVC."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief