Argos aliens return to pick up in store
By Ed Owen, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 12:36PM
Argos is to make use of its alien characters in new advertising that will showcase its 'check and reserve' service.
The TV campaign, created by CHI & Partners, breaks this Sunday ( July 15).
Argos' 'check and reserve' service allows customers to buy good online and then pick up them up from Argos.
The TV ad, dubbed 'We believe there's a better way to shop online', features the Argos alien Dad character ordering a product online and then finding ways to pass the time before it arrives.
He makes dozens of paper spaceships, bounces a ball impatiently in a pastiche of 'The Great Escape', and builds a huge Eiffel Tower of playing cards.
Finally, Mum reminds him of the advantages of shopping online with Argos, where you can pick up in store.
Argos introduced its alien characters in 2011.
A total of 40% of Argos sales come from the internet, with 'check and reserve' making up almost 30% of all sales.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Digital Project Director Twist Recruitment £55000.00 - £650000.00 per annum, Berkshire
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned