Argos aliens return to pick up in store
By Ed Owen, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 12:36PM
Argos is to make use of its alien characters in new advertising that will showcase its 'check and reserve' service.
The TV campaign, created by CHI & Partners, breaks this Sunday ( July 15).
Argos' 'check and reserve' service allows customers to buy good online and then pick up them up from Argos.
The TV ad, dubbed 'We believe there's a better way to shop online', features the Argos alien Dad character ordering a product online and then finding ways to pass the time before it arrives.
He makes dozens of paper spaceships, bounces a ball impatiently in a pastiche of 'The Great Escape', and builds a huge Eiffel Tower of playing cards.
Finally, Mum reminds him of the advantages of shopping online with Argos, where you can pick up in store.
Argos introduced its alien characters in 2011.
A total of 40% of Argos sales come from the internet, with 'check and reserve' making up almost 30% of all sales.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car or C/A, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 per annum + Car or C/A, United Kingdom
- Senior Creative Major Players £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Design Director createselect Up to £65k, London (Greater)
- Quant Researcher-Immediate Start-Saudi Arabia-c50k Tax Free Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Tax free and travel, Saudi Arabia
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media