Argos aliens return to pick up in store
By Ed Owen, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 12:36PM
Argos is to make use of its alien characters in new advertising that will showcase its 'check and reserve' service.
The TV campaign, created by CHI & Partners, breaks this Sunday ( July 15).
Argos' 'check and reserve' service allows customers to buy good online and then pick up them up from Argos.
The TV ad, dubbed 'We believe there's a better way to shop online', features the Argos alien Dad character ordering a product online and then finding ways to pass the time before it arrives.
He makes dozens of paper spaceships, bounces a ball impatiently in a pastiche of 'The Great Escape', and builds a huge Eiffel Tower of playing cards.
Finally, Mum reminds him of the advantages of shopping online with Argos, where you can pick up in store.
Argos introduced its alien characters in 2011.
A total of 40% of Argos sales come from the internet, with 'check and reserve' making up almost 30% of all sales.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager! BRAND LED ACCOUNTS!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager Emma & Rachael & You £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Press Officer Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film