Argos aliens return to pick up in store
By Ed Owen, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 11 July 2012 12:36PM
Argos is to make use of its alien characters in new advertising that will showcase its 'check and reserve' service.
The TV campaign, created by CHI & Partners, breaks this Sunday ( July 15).
Argos' 'check and reserve' service allows customers to buy good online and then pick up them up from Argos.
The TV ad, dubbed 'We believe there's a better way to shop online', features the Argos alien Dad character ordering a product online and then finding ways to pass the time before it arrives.
He makes dozens of paper spaceships, bounces a ball impatiently in a pastiche of 'The Great Escape', and builds a huge Eiffel Tower of playing cards.
Finally, Mum reminds him of the advantages of shopping online with Argos, where you can pick up in store.
Argos introduced its alien characters in 2011.
A total of 40% of Argos sales come from the internet, with 'check and reserve' making up almost 30% of all sales.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham