Comparethemarket signs £30m deal to sponsor Corrie
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 July 2012 08:00AM
Comparethemarket.com has signed a £30 million three-year deal, the biggest of its kind in the UK TV industry, to sponsor ITV's long-running Manchester-based soap Coronation Street.
The partnership, which was negotiated by ZenithOptimedia's sponsorship and content division, Newcast, will include broadcast, online, mobile and licensing elements. The idents will be made by Comparethemarket.com's agency VCCP.
Comparethemarket.com will replace the current sponsor, Harveys, the furniture store, in late November.
Industry estimates suggest the new deal is worth around £10 million a year for three years.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Digital Marketing Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependent on Experience, Teddington (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum + dependent on experience, Oxford
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager - Leading eCommerce Business ADLIB up to £55,000 + benefits, Bristol
- Head of PR AF Selection £50,000 - £55,000 plus benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media