Comparethemarket signs £30m deal to sponsor Corrie
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 July 2012 08:00AM
Comparethemarket.com has signed a £30 million three-year deal, the biggest of its kind in the UK TV industry, to sponsor ITV's long-running Manchester-based soap Coronation Street.
The partnership, which was negotiated by ZenithOptimedia's sponsorship and content division, Newcast, will include broadcast, online, mobile and licensing elements. The idents will be made by Comparethemarket.com's agency VCCP.
Comparethemarket.com will replace the current sponsor, Harveys, the furniture store, in late November.
Industry estimates suggest the new deal is worth around £10 million a year for three years.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Assistant Digital Marketing Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Head of Publicity - Trade Books £40,000. London W1 Mark Paine Recruitment £40,000, London (Greater)
- Product Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Associate Sales Director Stopgap £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Project Manager Creative Recruitment Negotiable, London
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list
- Asda brings back 'pocket tap' and adopts Walmart strap line in TV ad