Comparethemarket signs £30m deal to sponsor Corrie
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 July 2012 08:00AM
Comparethemarket.com has signed a £30 million three-year deal, the biggest of its kind in the UK TV industry, to sponsor ITV's long-running Manchester-based soap Coronation Street.
The partnership, which was negotiated by ZenithOptimedia's sponsorship and content division, Newcast, will include broadcast, online, mobile and licensing elements. The idents will be made by Comparethemarket.com's agency VCCP.
Comparethemarket.com will replace the current sponsor, Harveys, the furniture store, in late November.
Industry estimates suggest the new deal is worth around £10 million a year for three years.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Digital Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne