Comparethemarket signs £30m deal to sponsor Corrie
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 July 2012 08:00AM
Comparethemarket.com has signed a £30 million three-year deal, the biggest of its kind in the UK TV industry, to sponsor ITV's long-running Manchester-based soap Coronation Street.
The partnership, which was negotiated by ZenithOptimedia's sponsorship and content division, Newcast, will include broadcast, online, mobile and licensing elements. The idents will be made by Comparethemarket.com's agency VCCP.
Comparethemarket.com will replace the current sponsor, Harveys, the furniture store, in late November.
Industry estimates suggest the new deal is worth around £10 million a year for three years.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Insight - Associate Director level - Brand Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £80K + benefitS, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Design Manager Source £60000 - £85000 per annum, London
- Senior Tobacco Designer Aspire £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £85K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- DIGITAL PRODUCER - DIGITAL MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers