Adspend dips slightly in second quarter
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 July 2012 08:00AM
Marketing budgets were revised down for the first time in a year in the second quarter and business confidence waned, according to the latest IPA Bellwether Report.
The downward revision was marginal, however, with 23 per cent of companies reporting a reduction compared with 22 per cent that reported a rise. As a result, spend was down by 1.1 per cent.
Media spend trends continued, with overall media budgets cut by 1.7 per cent, while internet adspend grew by 5.1 per cent. Client confidence in the prospects for the industry in which they operate dropped sharply on balance from 1 per cent to -17 per cent.
Nicola Mendelsohn, the president of the IPA, said: "With renewed concerns surrounding the economy both at home and abroad, in particular the problems surrounding the eurozone, it's not surprising the signs are less encouraging. However, given this situation, things do seem to be holding up. Spend is down, but only very marginally."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Manager Hill's Pet Nutrition c/o SmithCarey Ltd Competitive salary + Bonus + Car + Benefits, South East England
- Senior Account Executive | Ã‚£25,000 | Automotive Dynamic New Alliances Ã‚£22000.00 - Ã‚£25000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , City of London
- Junior Digital Designer Gemini Search Ã‚£20000.00 - Ã‚£25000 per annum, London
- Middle-Weight Digital Designer Gemini Search Ã‚£30000.00 - Ã‚£40000 per annum, London
- Social & Content Account Manager - Travel - London Major Players Ã‚£27000 - Ã‚£33000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton