Adspend dips slightly in second quarter
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 July 2012 08:00AM
Marketing budgets were revised down for the first time in a year in the second quarter and business confidence waned, according to the latest IPA Bellwether Report.
The downward revision was marginal, however, with 23 per cent of companies reporting a reduction compared with 22 per cent that reported a rise. As a result, spend was down by 1.1 per cent.
Media spend trends continued, with overall media budgets cut by 1.7 per cent, while internet adspend grew by 5.1 per cent. Client confidence in the prospects for the industry in which they operate dropped sharply on balance from 1 per cent to -17 per cent.
Nicola Mendelsohn, the president of the IPA, said: "With renewed concerns surrounding the economy both at home and abroad, in particular the problems surrounding the eurozone, it's not surprising the signs are less encouraging. However, given this situation, things do seem to be holding up. Spend is down, but only very marginally."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Integrated Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- International B2B Account Director SYLEX Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign