New-business activity in UK falls during first half of year, AAR says
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 July 2012 08:00AM
New-business activity in the UK has decreased by 5 per cent in the first six months of 2012 and fewer clients with budgets over £20 million are reviewing compared with the same period last year, according to AAR.
In the first six months of the year, there were 231 reviews completed in the areas of advertising, digital, direct marketing, integrated and media compared with 244 in the first six months of 2011.
The number of completed advertising pitches declined by 8 per cent to 92 reviews. However, the number of completed media reviews was up 5 per cent to 74 compared with the same period last year.
There are also less substantial accounts up for pitch, with only five clients with budgets of more than £20 million completing reviews so far this year compared with eight in the same period last year.
The digital, direct marketing and integrated new-business markets appear steady, with almost exactly the same number being completed in each discipline versus the first six months of 2011.
Kerry Glazer, the chief executive at AAR, said: "We will have to wait until the end of the year to see the complete picture, although we will be watching for announcements of new pitches in September."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Graphic Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Quant AD or RM - Creative Boutique Hasson Associates £35,000 - £55,000 , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive-Analytics & CRM Galliard Homes £25-30k, Loughton, Essex
- Digital Marketing Assistant Galliard Homes £16-20k, Loughton, Essex
- Digital Marketing Executive - Content, Creative & Communications Galliard Homes £25-30k, Loughton, Essex
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy