Kaye returns to advertising through own production unit
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 July 2012 08:00AM
The film-maker Tony Kaye is going back to his roots in UK advertising with plans to direct ads via his production shop Above The Sea.
Kaye, who has cut a controversial figure throughout his career in advertising and film, will focus on UK advertising via the company he runs with his wife, the executive producer Yan Lin Kaye.
He will still be based in Los Angeles, but will travel to London to work on commercial projects.
Kaye, whose new feature film Detachment has just been released, has left his former global representative for commercials, the US shop Supply & Demand.
The 60-year-old, who proclaimed himself the "greatest English director since Hitchcock" before the debut screening of his film American History X, said he is a "different person now" to what he was in his early career.
"For me to be a force again in the (commercials) world, I have to start again and I have to work in London," he said. "It's about my nerve endings as a director. I have to keep starting again all the time."
Kaye, who directed UK spots in the 80s and 90s including Intercity's "relax" and Dunlop's "tested for the unexpected", stressed that the motivation behind the move is "not about the money".
"It's really about trying to keep my focus," he said. "Making TV commercials was the launching pad for everything else in my career."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Manager, Annual Reports, Freelance, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £36000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Fashion Community Manager - Leading Comms Agency Digital Gurus £25000 - £35000 Per Annum Up to £35K + BENS, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £50000 - £55000 Per Annum, London (Greater)
- Senior PPC Manager - 6 Month Contract Aspire £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday