WCRS scoops £8m Warburtons brief
Warburtons has hired WCRS to handle its £8 million ad account after a final three-way shoot-out against VCCP and Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
The review was announced in April and the incumbent, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, withdrew from the process.
RKCR/Y&R picked up the business in 2009, ending a 12-year relationship with Bartle Bogle Hegarty. The account followed Richard Exon two years after he left BBH to join RKCR/Y&R.
Matt Edwards, the chief executive of WCRS, said that the agency has been appointed on a rolling rather than temporary contract.
RKCR/Y&R focused on promoting the brand as a family bakery. Its debut campaign was shot in a mock-epic Hollywood style and showed employees preparing an early morning bread delivery.
The company's chairman, Jonathan Warburton, said: "We look forward to working with WCRS over the coming months."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Insight and Analytics Consultant Direct Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000,
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure