WCRS scoops £8m Warburtons brief
Warburtons has hired WCRS to handle its £8 million ad account after a final three-way shoot-out against VCCP and Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
The review was announced in April and the incumbent, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, withdrew from the process.
RKCR/Y&R picked up the business in 2009, ending a 12-year relationship with Bartle Bogle Hegarty. The account followed Richard Exon two years after he left BBH to join RKCR/Y&R.
Matt Edwards, the chief executive of WCRS, said that the agency has been appointed on a rolling rather than temporary contract.
RKCR/Y&R focused on promoting the brand as a family bakery. Its debut campaign was shot in a mock-epic Hollywood style and showed employees preparing an early morning bread delivery.
The company's chairman, Jonathan Warburton, said: "We look forward to working with WCRS over the coming months."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Junior Digital Designer/Creative Artworker Apple&Ink £20-23k + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Marketing Manager, Technology, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Manager, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Negotiable, London