Vevo parts ways with Jonathan Lewis in UK shake-up
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 16 July 2012 10:25AM
Vevo, the online music video site, has restructured its UK operations and as a result is parting company with its managing director of sales and operations Jonathan Lewis and commercial director Jonathan Lewen.
Nic Jones, Vevo's senior vice president of international, will now oversee all UK operations, with the team of about 30 staff reporting into him.
Jonathan Lewis, who was previously head of digital media at Channel 5, joined the business shortly after launch, while Lewen joined from Microsoft in August.
Jones joined Vevo in September last year, from Starcom MediaVest Group EMEA where he was chief digital officer, to lead global expansion.
He said: "When we launched Vevo in the UK just over one year ago, we were very focused on the sales side of the business and growing Vevo’s revenue through brand partnerships."
"While sales is a core focus, our business in this important market has expanded quickly in all areas - content and programming, business development, ad operations and finance and administration."
A spokesperson did not confirm whether Lewis and Lewen have jobs to go to, or whether there will be any other job cuts at the business.
The company claimed in a statement the structural changes were part of its plans to "bolster its UK business with a greater focus on local repertoire and syndication partnerships in addition to its growing sales operations."
Vevo worked with more than 150 advertisers in the UK since its launch, including BT, Sony and American Express, and recently Unilever's Lynx became the first brand to sponsor one of its programmes.
David Kohl, executive vice president, sales and customer operations, said: "I want to thank both Jon Lewis and Jon Lewen for their contributions to Vevo.
"As a result of their efforts, we are now in a strong position to take our brand marketing partnerships to the next level."
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- Design Director - Global Packaging Design Agency - Farringdon Twist Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + very good benefits , City of London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account