Diet Coke ties with Sky for Rihanna fashion TV show
Diet Coke has signed a deal with Sky to sponsor and take product placement in 'Styled to Rock', a fashion series produced by pop star Rihanna, which breaks next month.
The deal, brokered by Vizeum, will feature Diet Coke idents before and after the show on Sky Living HD and product placement within the programme.
The brand was last seen on TV with Mother London's last instalment in its 'Love It Light' campaign, which featured three female puppets, shortly after the agency lost the account.
'Styled to Rock' will be hosted by Girls Aloud singer Nicola Roberts, British designer Henry Holland and stylist Lysa Cooper, who has previously worked on a number of Rihanna's outfits.
The show celebrates the talent within the British fashion scene and searches for new, undiscovered fashion designers.
It will run for 10 weeks and follow 12 designers hand-picked by Rihanna to create outfits for a range of high-profile music artists, who are yet to be announced.
Zoe Howorth, marketing director, Coca-Cola Great Britain, said the sponsorship was part of Diet Coke’s wider 'Love It Light' campaign, which showcases the "lighter side" to fashion and life to the brand’s target audience of younger women.
She said: "Diet Coke is passionate about fashion and we're thrilled to be bringing our consumers a new regular style fix, celebrating creativity and championing inspirational young designers."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, West London
- PR Account Executive Brand Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum + dependent on skills and experience , Milton Keynes
- Research Director - Consumer Goods PSD Group c. £70K + package, London
- Product and Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, Hertford
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency