Diet Coke ties with Sky for Rihanna fashion TV show
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 16 July 2012 12:18PM
Diet Coke has signed a deal with Sky to sponsor and take product placement in 'Styled to Rock', a fashion series produced by pop star Rihanna, which breaks next month.
The deal, brokered by Vizeum, will feature Diet Coke idents before and after the show on Sky Living HD and product placement within the programme.
The brand was last seen on TV with Mother London's last instalment in its 'Love It Light' campaign, which featured three female puppets, shortly after the agency lost the account.
'Styled to Rock' will be hosted by Girls Aloud singer Nicola Roberts, British designer Henry Holland and stylist Lysa Cooper, who has previously worked on a number of Rihanna's outfits.
The show celebrates the talent within the British fashion scene and searches for new, undiscovered fashion designers.
It will run for 10 weeks and follow 12 designers hand-picked by Rihanna to create outfits for a range of high-profile music artists, who are yet to be announced.
Zoe Howorth, marketing director, Coca-Cola Great Britain, said the sponsorship was part of Diet Coke’s wider 'Love It Light' campaign, which showcases the "lighter side" to fashion and life to the brand’s target audience of younger women.
She said: "Diet Coke is passionate about fashion and we're thrilled to be bringing our consumers a new regular style fix, celebrating creativity and championing inspirational young designers."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Strategist - Branding Consultancy Speckled Frog Up to £75k depending on experience, Central London
- Marketing agency roles in the Home Counties Stonor Variable £20,000 - £100,000, Home Counties
- Research Assistant Lipton Fleming £19000 per annum, London
- Lingerie brand provokes with raunchy optical illusion ads
- Paddy Power calls on Sepp Blatter to 'f**k off already'
- Instagram to roll out carousel ad platform
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned
- Campaign Viral Chat: Pizza Hut spoof takes top spot
- Hostelworld launches skinny dipping ad during Game of Thrones