Diet Coke ties with Sky for Rihanna fashion TV show
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 16 July 2012 12:18PM
Diet Coke has signed a deal with Sky to sponsor and take product placement in 'Styled to Rock', a fashion series produced by pop star Rihanna, which breaks next month.
The deal, brokered by Vizeum, will feature Diet Coke idents before and after the show on Sky Living HD and product placement within the programme.
The brand was last seen on TV with Mother London's last instalment in its 'Love It Light' campaign, which featured three female puppets, shortly after the agency lost the account.
'Styled to Rock' will be hosted by Girls Aloud singer Nicola Roberts, British designer Henry Holland and stylist Lysa Cooper, who has previously worked on a number of Rihanna's outfits.
The show celebrates the talent within the British fashion scene and searches for new, undiscovered fashion designers.
It will run for 10 weeks and follow 12 designers hand-picked by Rihanna to create outfits for a range of high-profile music artists, who are yet to be announced.
Zoe Howorth, marketing director, Coca-Cola Great Britain, said the sponsorship was part of Diet Coke’s wider 'Love It Light' campaign, which showcases the "lighter side" to fashion and life to the brand’s target audience of younger women.
She said: "Diet Coke is passionate about fashion and we're thrilled to be bringing our consumers a new regular style fix, celebrating creativity and championing inspirational young designers."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - B2B and B2C integrated and digital comms JEFFERSON £30,000 - 40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE MANAGER 35-45k London Creative Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Manager - Mobile Loyalty Digital Gurus £25000 - £37000 Per Annum, London
- UI Designer - Unrestricted Creative, Prototyping and Innovation ADLIB Upto £25k DOE, Bristol
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director - Luxury Property Gemini Search Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum, City of London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake