Diet Coke ties with Sky for Rihanna fashion TV show
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 16 July 2012 12:18PM
Diet Coke has signed a deal with Sky to sponsor and take product placement in 'Styled to Rock', a fashion series produced by pop star Rihanna, which breaks next month.
The deal, brokered by Vizeum, will feature Diet Coke idents before and after the show on Sky Living HD and product placement within the programme.
The brand was last seen on TV with Mother London's last instalment in its 'Love It Light' campaign, which featured three female puppets, shortly after the agency lost the account.
'Styled to Rock' will be hosted by Girls Aloud singer Nicola Roberts, British designer Henry Holland and stylist Lysa Cooper, who has previously worked on a number of Rihanna's outfits.
The show celebrates the talent within the British fashion scene and searches for new, undiscovered fashion designers.
It will run for 10 weeks and follow 12 designers hand-picked by Rihanna to create outfits for a range of high-profile music artists, who are yet to be announced.
Zoe Howorth, marketing director, Coca-Cola Great Britain, said the sponsorship was part of Diet Coke’s wider 'Love It Light' campaign, which showcases the "lighter side" to fashion and life to the brand’s target audience of younger women.
She said: "Diet Coke is passionate about fashion and we're thrilled to be bringing our consumers a new regular style fix, celebrating creativity and championing inspirational young designers."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Dealer consultant / regional marketing manager - automotive David Thatcher Recruitment c£35k + car, South Buckinghamshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show