C4 unveils hard-hitting Paralympics campaign
Channel 4 will tonight launch a hard-hitting TV ad as part of its "biggest-ever campaign" to promote its support for the Paralympic Games.
The 90-second spot, named 'Meet The Superhumans', is set to the soundtrack of Public Enemy’s 'Harder Than You Think'. It will make its debut simultaneously on 78 TV channels tonight (17 July) at 9pm.
The ad features shots of disabled athletes such as swimmer Ellie Simmonds and sprinter Jonnie Peacock, before cutting to a woman who has just received bad news about her unborn child and images of a car after a crash.
It then returns to shots of Paralympians in action, to emphasise their achievements.
The campaign was devised by Channel 4’s in-house team 4Creative, with media planning and buying by OMD UK. Outdoor, press and digital activity is planned for the coming weeks.
Dan Brooke, chief marketing and communications officer at Channel 4, told Marketing: "It’s hard to think of something that [fulfils the channel’s remit] better than the Paralympics and our marketing to support it."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Manager - Poppy Lottery The Royal British Legion £30,000 plus £4,452 London weighting, Based at our offices near London Bridge
- Web Designer - Huge Public Facing Project ADLIB £20k-25k, Swindon
- UX Designer Creative Recruitment £300 - £350 per day, London
- Director of eCommerce - Kuwait - £150K+ (Tax Free) Salt £150000 - £175000 per annum + relocation + tax free, Kuwait City
- Media Manager VMA Group 65000 euros per annum , Belgium
- ITV confirms major shake-up of Daybreak
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign