C4 unveils hard-hitting Paralympics campaign
Channel 4 will tonight launch a hard-hitting TV ad as part of its "biggest-ever campaign" to promote its support for the Paralympic Games.
The 90-second spot, named 'Meet The Superhumans', is set to the soundtrack of Public Enemy’s 'Harder Than You Think'. It will make its debut simultaneously on 78 TV channels tonight (17 July) at 9pm.
The ad features shots of disabled athletes such as swimmer Ellie Simmonds and sprinter Jonnie Peacock, before cutting to a woman who has just received bad news about her unborn child and images of a car after a crash.
It then returns to shots of Paralympians in action, to emphasise their achievements.
The campaign was devised by Channel 4’s in-house team 4Creative, with media planning and buying by OMD UK. Outdoor, press and digital activity is planned for the coming weeks.
Dan Brooke, chief marketing and communications officer at Channel 4, told Marketing: "It’s hard to think of something that [fulfils the channel’s remit] better than the Paralympics and our marketing to support it."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director air recruitment Up to £50k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Graphic Designer Beyond The Book £DOE, Gloucestershire
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28K- £32K, London (Central), London (Greater)