C4 unveils hard-hitting Paralympics campaign
Channel 4 will tonight launch a hard-hitting TV ad as part of its "biggest-ever campaign" to promote its support for the Paralympic Games.
The 90-second spot, named 'Meet The Superhumans', is set to the soundtrack of Public Enemy’s 'Harder Than You Think'. It will make its debut simultaneously on 78 TV channels tonight (17 July) at 9pm.
The ad features shots of disabled athletes such as swimmer Ellie Simmonds and sprinter Jonnie Peacock, before cutting to a woman who has just received bad news about her unborn child and images of a car after a crash.
It then returns to shots of Paralympians in action, to emphasise their achievements.
The campaign was devised by Channel 4’s in-house team 4Creative, with media planning and buying by OMD UK. Outdoor, press and digital activity is planned for the coming weeks.
Dan Brooke, chief marketing and communications officer at Channel 4, told Marketing: "It’s hard to think of something that [fulfils the channel’s remit] better than the Paralympics and our marketing to support it."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Manager / Director Aspire £35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Chief Client Director Aspire £100000 - £150000 per annum, London
- Digital Planning Director Aspire £45000.00 - £60000 per annum, London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3