C4 unveils hard-hitting Paralympics campaign
Channel 4 will tonight launch a hard-hitting TV ad as part of its "biggest-ever campaign" to promote its support for the Paralympic Games.
The 90-second spot, named 'Meet The Superhumans', is set to the soundtrack of Public Enemy’s 'Harder Than You Think'. It will make its debut simultaneously on 78 TV channels tonight (17 July) at 9pm.
The ad features shots of disabled athletes such as swimmer Ellie Simmonds and sprinter Jonnie Peacock, before cutting to a woman who has just received bad news about her unborn child and images of a car after a crash.
It then returns to shots of Paralympians in action, to emphasise their achievements.
The campaign was devised by Channel 4’s in-house team 4Creative, with media planning and buying by OMD UK. Outdoor, press and digital activity is planned for the coming weeks.
Dan Brooke, chief marketing and communications officer at Channel 4, told Marketing: "It’s hard to think of something that [fulfils the channel’s remit] better than the Paralympics and our marketing to support it."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Community Manager Premier Media Negotiable, London
- Quality Control Executive Premier Media £20000 - £23000 per annum, City of London
- Head of Digital, Events, London, £85k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £70000 - £85000 per annum, Benefits: bonus & benefits, London
- Freelance Middleweight 3D Designer Purple Consultancy £250 - £275 per day, London