Westfield pits East against West for Olympics campaign
Shopping centre operator Westfield is pitting East and West London against each other with a social media campaign that will feature an Olympic merchandise giveaway and a £25,000 prize fund.
The online campaign will encourage Londoners to show support for either Westfield London in West London or Westfield Stratford City at the edge of the Olympic Park via a number of social media channels.
Story Worldwide created the campaign that allows participants to earn their respective 'teams' a point by signing up at the Westfield London or Westfield Stratford City websites.
Points can also be earned with tweets, Instagram pictures, videos and check-ins referencing the dedicated hashtags #iwasthere #west or #east.
Facebook activity will include apps and content strategy that set a series of challenges to generate a buzz for the campaign.
Westfield, the official shopping centre of London 2012, will offer Team GB merchandise to those who create the best content.
Retail, fashion and entertainment bloggers will be encouraged to 'captain' their side of London by generating content to share #iwasthere experiences.
Tagged content will be featured in live feeds on the Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City websites until the end of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The best content will be showcased on the websites with weekly winners receiving prizes, including Team GB merchandise.
The end of the campaign will see an overall winner selected for best content, who will share the £25,000 prize fund with an undecided number of randomly selected members from the winning team.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency