AOL names former Reuters brand head Jolie Hunt as CMO
AOL has appointed former Thomson Reuters brand head Jolie Hunt to the newly created role of chief marketing officer, following a global restructure that saw the company's marketing function stripped out of the UK and relocated to the US.
Prior to the creation of Hunt's role, the top European AOL marketer, Sarah Gavin, left after six years in December last year, amid a restructure involving a number of job losses.
Hunt will oversee AOL's global communications strategy, which includes internal and external communications, social media, corporate social responsibility and corporate events, alongside AOL's global brand development, partnerships and consumer marketing initiatives.
She will be based in New York and will report to AOL chief executive, Tim Armstrong.
Hunt was previously senior vice-president, global head of brand and public relations, at Thomson Reuters, where she was responsible for brand, advertising, PR, digital and social media for the company's news and financial services businesses.
Prior to this, she was global director of corporate business affairs at IBM, following four years as the director for public relations at the Financial Times.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Partnerships Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Brand Insight Planner FMCG - 12 month contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£40K-£50K + benefits package, North of London/Hertfordshire