Omnicom reports 2% profits rise to $283m
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 July 2012 03:35PM
Omnicom, the world's second-largest advertising group, has reported a 2.2% rise in second-quarter net income to $282.7m (£180.6m), although its revenue growth was the slowest since Q4 2009.
Worldwide revenues, hampered by less-favourable currency exchange rates, increased 2.1% to $3.56bn (£2.28bn), although organic growth topped that at 5.1%.
In dollar terms, Eurozone revenues dropped 12.9% to $576.6m (£369.1m), but the US, the UK and the other region Omnicom classes as "rest of the world" grew.
The UK, where Omnicom strengthened its DDB network with the estimated £60m acquisition of Adam & Eve in May, reported revenue growth of 2.3% to $310.9m (£!99m)and organic growth of 3.2%.
The owner of creative networks BBDO and TBWA and media networks OMD and PHD has grown revenue and net income in every quarter since the spring of 2010.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Project Manager Aspire £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- SEO Technical Specialist Creative Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Surbiton
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot