Omnicom reports 2% profits rise to $283m
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 July 2012 03:35PM
Omnicom, the world's second-largest advertising group, has reported a 2.2% rise in second-quarter net income to $282.7m (£180.6m), although its revenue growth was the slowest since Q4 2009.
Worldwide revenues, hampered by less-favourable currency exchange rates, increased 2.1% to $3.56bn (£2.28bn), although organic growth topped that at 5.1%.
In dollar terms, Eurozone revenues dropped 12.9% to $576.6m (£369.1m), but the US, the UK and the other region Omnicom classes as "rest of the world" grew.
The UK, where Omnicom strengthened its DDB network with the estimated £60m acquisition of Adam & Eve in May, reported revenue growth of 2.3% to $310.9m (£!99m)and organic growth of 3.2%.
The owner of creative networks BBDO and TBWA and media networks OMD and PHD has grown revenue and net income in every quarter since the spring of 2010.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
- Interim Brand / Senior Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment Competitive day rate, London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £24000 - £30000 per annum, Greater Manchester