Omnicom reports 2% profits rise to $283m
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 July 2012 03:35PM
Omnicom, the world's second-largest advertising group, has reported a 2.2% rise in second-quarter net income to $282.7m (£180.6m), although its revenue growth was the slowest since Q4 2009.
Worldwide revenues, hampered by less-favourable currency exchange rates, increased 2.1% to $3.56bn (£2.28bn), although organic growth topped that at 5.1%.
In dollar terms, Eurozone revenues dropped 12.9% to $576.6m (£369.1m), but the US, the UK and the other region Omnicom classes as "rest of the world" grew.
The UK, where Omnicom strengthened its DDB network with the estimated £60m acquisition of Adam & Eve in May, reported revenue growth of 2.3% to $310.9m (£!99m)and organic growth of 3.2%.
The owner of creative networks BBDO and TBWA and media networks OMD and PHD has grown revenue and net income in every quarter since the spring of 2010.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Support Dot-Gap £17k, London Central
- Account Manager AF Selection £25000 - £28000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile