Omnicom reports 2% profits rise to $283m
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 July 2012 03:35PM
Omnicom, the world's second-largest advertising group, has reported a 2.2% rise in second-quarter net income to $282.7m (£180.6m), although its revenue growth was the slowest since Q4 2009.
Worldwide revenues, hampered by less-favourable currency exchange rates, increased 2.1% to $3.56bn (£2.28bn), although organic growth topped that at 5.1%.
In dollar terms, Eurozone revenues dropped 12.9% to $576.6m (£369.1m), but the US, the UK and the other region Omnicom classes as "rest of the world" grew.
The UK, where Omnicom strengthened its DDB network with the estimated £60m acquisition of Adam & Eve in May, reported revenue growth of 2.3% to $310.9m (£!99m)and organic growth of 3.2%.
The owner of creative networks BBDO and TBWA and media networks OMD and PHD has grown revenue and net income in every quarter since the spring of 2010.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £42000 per annum + Bonus , Oxfordshire
- Middleweight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23000 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: + benefits, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Digital and Media Director - Christian Charity CHM £45,000 + Excellent Benefits package , Weybridge, Surrey
- Marketing Manager - Global Financial Services Company - Basildon- up to 55K Objective People Up to 55K, Basildon, Essex
- Digital Account Director - Telecoms & Media Ascent Solutions Up to £50,000 per annum + benefits, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London...
- Half of online advertising will be wasted
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Camelot launches first ad for all National Lottery brands
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills