Sainsbury's launches blind football online challenge
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 July 2012 10:35AM
Sainsbury's, a Paralympic Games sponsor, has released an online game based on the sport of "blind football".
The supermarket’s Paralympic ambassador David Beckham, who controversially missed out on a place in the Team GB football squad, will feature in the online game.
Content agency Drum worked with independent digital agency Chunk to create the game in conjunction with Channel 4, the official broadcaster of the Paralympics.
The online game is hosted on a Sainsbury’s dedicated microsite on Channel 4's website.
Players undertake a series of challenges including learning how to pass, tackle, dribble and score using 3D sound technology.
Traffic will be driven to the game using Sainsbury’s social media channels including Facebook and Twitter.
Sainsbury’s is running the game in conjunction with an in-store and online Paralympic ticket giveaway.
Jat Sahota, head of sponsorship at Sainsbury’s, said: "We want to provide customers all across the UK the chance to get involved with the Games, whether they are able to visit an event or just getting to grips with the game from home."Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Mobile RTB Sales Director Ultimate Asset £55000 - £65000 per annum + + comm + bens, London