Sainsbury's launches blind football online challenge
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 July 2012 10:35AM
Sainsbury's, a Paralympic Games sponsor, has released an online game based on the sport of "blind football".
The supermarket’s Paralympic ambassador David Beckham, who controversially missed out on a place in the Team GB football squad, will feature in the online game.
Content agency Drum worked with independent digital agency Chunk to create the game in conjunction with Channel 4, the official broadcaster of the Paralympics.
The online game is hosted on a Sainsbury’s dedicated microsite on Channel 4's website.
Players undertake a series of challenges including learning how to pass, tackle, dribble and score using 3D sound technology.
Traffic will be driven to the game using Sainsbury’s social media channels including Facebook and Twitter.
Sainsbury’s is running the game in conjunction with an in-store and online Paralympic ticket giveaway.
Jat Sahota, head of sponsorship at Sainsbury’s, said: "We want to provide customers all across the UK the chance to get involved with the Games, whether they are able to visit an event or just getting to grips with the game from home."Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Business Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager/ Ad Ops Europe Aspire Mobile c£45,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Agency Sales Account Director - Mobile Location Advertising Aspire Mobile c£70,000 + 50% bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media