Volkswagen highlights affordability with shopping ads
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 20 July 2012 11:15AM
Volkwagen is launching a new £2.8m campaign by Adam & Eve DDB showing people buying Polos and Golfs as part of their everyday shopping.
Three 30-second TV spots will run from tomorrow (21 July) and will be supported by a national print and digital campaign until 10 September.
The campaign targets new car buyers, but aims to make the general public rethink the price of Volkswagen cars. The ads include the strapline 'unbelievable value' and are supported by strong tactical offers from the brand.
Jeremy Craigen, executive creative director at Adam & Eve DDB, said: "This campaign marks a new direction for Volkswagen Value ads, but still executed in a way only Volkswagen can with wit, humanity and honesty."
The creative team on the campaign were art director Rob Messeter and copywriter Mike Crowe. The TV ads were produced by Rattling Stick and directed by Andy McLeod.
Kirsten Stagg, Volkswagen’s national communications manager, said: "They are eye-catching and eye-opening adverts that will challenges people’s concept of value and help them recognise the affordability of our range."
MediaCom is handling planning and buying for the campaign, on which the car manufacturer is spending £2.8m.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing & Communictions Manager H20 Car Valeting Centres Entry Level of £45,000-£55,000 + Bonus, Car (a very clean one!), Birmingham, West Midlands
- Business Development Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + commission structure + benefits, Manchester
- Business Development Director Major Players £60000 - £70000 per hour + Bonus and benefits , City of London
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7