Volkswagen highlights affordability with shopping ads
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 20 July 2012 11:15AM
Volkwagen is launching a new £2.8m campaign by Adam & Eve DDB showing people buying Polos and Golfs as part of their everyday shopping.
Three 30-second TV spots will run from tomorrow (21 July) and will be supported by a national print and digital campaign until 10 September.
The campaign targets new car buyers, but aims to make the general public rethink the price of Volkswagen cars. The ads include the strapline 'unbelievable value' and are supported by strong tactical offers from the brand.
Jeremy Craigen, executive creative director at Adam & Eve DDB, said: "This campaign marks a new direction for Volkswagen Value ads, but still executed in a way only Volkswagen can with wit, humanity and honesty."
The creative team on the campaign were art director Rob Messeter and copywriter Mike Crowe. The TV ads were produced by Rattling Stick and directed by Andy McLeod.
Kirsten Stagg, Volkswagen’s national communications manager, said: "They are eye-catching and eye-opening adverts that will challenges people’s concept of value and help them recognise the affordability of our range."
MediaCom is handling planning and buying for the campaign, on which the car manufacturer is spending £2.8m.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Marketing (Software) Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Associate Creative Director The Great & The Good £58000 - £64000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Head of Marketing, Beauty, Mat Cover Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Freelance Graphics Project Manager - Exhibitions Network Career Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £42000 per annum, Norwich
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity