Bacardi appoints Brothers and Sisters to UK ad account
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 20 July 2012 11:32AM
Bacardi has appointed Brothers and Sisters to handle UK advertising for its main rum brand.
The agency won the business without a pitch and will develop local work based on Bacardi’s "it started with a party" positioning.
Johannes and Leonardo, Bacardi’s global agency, is unaffected by the appointment and continues to create Bacardi’s global advertising.
Brothers and Sisters is tasked with making this global strategy relevant in the UK across all media.
Andy Fowler, the executive creative director and founder of Brothers and Sisters, said: "We’ve wanted to work with an iconic spirits brand for a while and Bacardi is exactly that. The heritage they have and the stories that have been collected over the last 150 years are incredibly inspiring."
Catherine Archer, the director of marketing, rum, at Bacardi, is overseeing the UK launch of the ‘it started with a a party campaign".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand & Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff