Virgin Media moves PR duo into marketing team
Virgin Media has created a "brand amplification" team to boost its brand campaigns, V Festival, Virgin Media Shorts short film competition and the Pioneers initiative.
The team will report to executive director of brand and marketing Jeff Dodds.
It will be led by head of PR campaigns Simon Dorman, who will be supported by Verity Henderson, senior PR and brand campaigns manager.
Both currently report to director of communications and planning Michelle Gordon, but will now transfer out of Virgin Media’' corporate affairs team.
A Virgin Media spokesman said it was "early days", but there was potential for expanding the brand amplification team.
Dodds said: "We have produced some fantastic campaigns this year and have engaged in some new exciting sponsorship properties, not least 'Britain's Got Talent'.
"Our new brand activation team will ensure we make the most of all our brand properties through highly creative, profile-building activities, integrated and aligned with our PR and internal engagement activity."
The team will be in place for this year's V Festival, which is held over the penultimate weekend of August in Essex.
Virgin Media is also hoping the team will help accelerate the growth of Virgin Media Pioneers, a peer-to-peer community for young entrepreneurs.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Consumer & Shopper Insight Controller FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £60K-£65K + Car Allowance + Bonus, North of London/Herts
- Digital Designer/Developer Major Players £200 - £400 per annum, City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief