Ikea to broadcast live events on catalogue
Ikea has revamped its catalogue with augmented reality in order to extend its life cycle through regularly updated content, including live events.
The retailer will add digital content to the catalogue on a regular basis to make it more relevant all year round, because current research shows the average lifespan is about two weeks.
McCann Erickson has handled the makeover of the 61-year old catalogue, which will have augmented reality software from Metaio incorporated into it to deliver content produced by Ikea's in-house agency, Icom.
Ikea has created a video introducing "a new kind of catalogue", that explains the technology being used in the catalogue, which has a 211-million circulation.
Readers can scan pages with smartphones to access additional content, including a film called 'I Love You, But', which shows how couples with different tastes can compromise using Ikea.
Upcoming ideas include staging live events such as concerts or cooking shows within the catalogue's’ various 'rooms'.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Designer Mobile - ASAP Nakama £250 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Studio Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Research and Insight Executive Pitch Consultants £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Senior Client Manager Brand Consultancy Packaging Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Account Director - communications agency Gabriele Skelton £60000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood