Ikea to broadcast live events on catalogue
Ikea has revamped its catalogue with augmented reality in order to extend its life cycle through regularly updated content, including live events.
The retailer will add digital content to the catalogue on a regular basis to make it more relevant all year round, because current research shows the average lifespan is about two weeks.
McCann Erickson has handled the makeover of the 61-year old catalogue, which will have augmented reality software from Metaio incorporated into it to deliver content produced by Ikea's in-house agency, Icom.
Ikea has created a video introducing "a new kind of catalogue", that explains the technology being used in the catalogue, which has a 211-million circulation.
Readers can scan pages with smartphones to access additional content, including a film called 'I Love You, But', which shows how couples with different tastes can compromise using Ikea.
Upcoming ideas include staging live events such as concerts or cooking shows within the catalogue's’ various 'rooms'.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Manager Source £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure