Ikea to broadcast live events on catalogue
Ikea has revamped its catalogue with augmented reality in order to extend its life cycle through regularly updated content, including live events.
The retailer will add digital content to the catalogue on a regular basis to make it more relevant all year round, because current research shows the average lifespan is about two weeks.
McCann Erickson has handled the makeover of the 61-year old catalogue, which will have augmented reality software from Metaio incorporated into it to deliver content produced by Ikea's in-house agency, Icom.
Ikea has created a video introducing "a new kind of catalogue", that explains the technology being used in the catalogue, which has a 211-million circulation.
Readers can scan pages with smartphones to access additional content, including a film called 'I Love You, But', which shows how couples with different tastes can compromise using Ikea.
Upcoming ideas include staging live events such as concerts or cooking shows within the catalogue's’ various 'rooms'.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Performance Manager Aspire £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Business Director Dot-Gap £70k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Phones4u goes into administration