Ikea to broadcast live events on catalogue
Ikea has revamped its catalogue with augmented reality in order to extend its life cycle through regularly updated content, including live events.
The retailer will add digital content to the catalogue on a regular basis to make it more relevant all year round, because current research shows the average lifespan is about two weeks.
McCann Erickson has handled the makeover of the 61-year old catalogue, which will have augmented reality software from Metaio incorporated into it to deliver content produced by Ikea's in-house agency, Icom.
Ikea has created a video introducing "a new kind of catalogue", that explains the technology being used in the catalogue, which has a 211-million circulation.
Readers can scan pages with smartphones to access additional content, including a film called 'I Love You, But', which shows how couples with different tastes can compromise using Ikea.
Upcoming ideas include staging live events such as concerts or cooking shows within the catalogue's’ various 'rooms'.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Marketing Manager - West Sussex - up to £50K Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, West Malling
- Employee Engagement Director Stopgap £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Direct Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 p.a. + car or C/A , London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £30k - £36k, London (Greater)
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list
- Asda brings back 'pocket tap' and adopts Walmart strap line in TV ad