Warburtons appoints Nestlé chocolate man as marketing director
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 23 July 2012 10:14AM
Warburtons has appointed Nestlé UK's head of chocolate Mark Simester as its new marketing director, replacing Richard Hayes.
Simester will take up his role in October.
He has been in his current role at Nestlé for two years. He was previously marketing manager for Nestlé's kit Kat brand.
Simester replaces Richard Hayes, who left in January after five years in the role. He will be based at Warburton's Bolton headquarters.
As Nestlé's head of chocolate, Simester headed up the company's £400m-turnover chocolate business, leading a 16-strong commercial team.
He was marketing manager for Kit Kit between 2004 and 2010.
His appointment at Warburtons comes as the business seeks to diversify from its core bread business and move into new categories such as snacks.
Warburtons is still on the hunt for a replacement for managing director Robert Higginson who also left the business earlier this year.
In the year to September 2011, profits at Warburtons declined 37% to £16.3m in 2011, which the baker attributed to increased competition and the cost of raw materials.
Earlier this month, Warburtons appointed WCRS to handle its £8m advertising account after a three-way shoot-out against VCCP and BMB.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show