Immediate Media appoints former P&G man to top digital role
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 23 July 2012 10:20AM
Immediate Media, publisher of Radio Times and Olive, has appointed Tony Macklin, the former Procter & Gamble executive, to a top strategy role.
Macklin has been appointed director of product development and strategy at Immediate Media, reporting to Tom Bureau, chief executive of Immediate Media. He will be responsible for the ongoing development of Immediate Media's digital platforms, as well as working on cross-media brand strategy.
Macklin has spent more than 20 years in a range of senior product and marketing roles, focusing on building both new and established digital businesses.
Since 2009, he has been vice-president, product, at the family history subscription site, Ancestry.com, based in San Francisco.
Prior to Ancestry.com, he held roles in brand management at Procter & Gamble, and product management at Intuit (the US leader in personal finance software).
He launched Moneyextra.com, a pioneering UK online personal finance business, and served on the senior UK executive teams of eBay and Ask.com.
Macklin begins his new role at Immediate Media today (23 July).Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs