Immediate Media appoints former P&G man to top digital role
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 23 July 2012 10:20AM
Immediate Media, publisher of Radio Times and Olive, has appointed Tony Macklin, the former Procter & Gamble executive, to a top strategy role.
Macklin has been appointed director of product development and strategy at Immediate Media, reporting to Tom Bureau, chief executive of Immediate Media. He will be responsible for the ongoing development of Immediate Media's digital platforms, as well as working on cross-media brand strategy.
Macklin has spent more than 20 years in a range of senior product and marketing roles, focusing on building both new and established digital businesses.
Since 2009, he has been vice-president, product, at the family history subscription site, Ancestry.com, based in San Francisco.
Prior to Ancestry.com, he held roles in brand management at Procter & Gamble, and product management at Intuit (the US leader in personal finance software).
He launched Moneyextra.com, a pioneering UK online personal finance business, and served on the senior UK executive teams of eBay and Ask.com.
Macklin begins his new role at Immediate Media today (23 July).Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham