Immediate Media appoints former P&G man to top digital role
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 23 July 2012 10:20AM
Immediate Media, publisher of Radio Times and Olive, has appointed Tony Macklin, the former Procter & Gamble executive, to a top strategy role.
Macklin has been appointed director of product development and strategy at Immediate Media, reporting to Tom Bureau, chief executive of Immediate Media. He will be responsible for the ongoing development of Immediate Media's digital platforms, as well as working on cross-media brand strategy.
Macklin has spent more than 20 years in a range of senior product and marketing roles, focusing on building both new and established digital businesses.
Since 2009, he has been vice-president, product, at the family history subscription site, Ancestry.com, based in San Francisco.
Prior to Ancestry.com, he held roles in brand management at Procter & Gamble, and product management at Intuit (the US leader in personal finance software).
He launched Moneyextra.com, a pioneering UK online personal finance business, and served on the senior UK executive teams of eBay and Ask.com.
Macklin begins his new role at Immediate Media today (23 July).Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Creative Major Players £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Design Director createselect Up to £65k, London (Greater)
- Quant Researcher-Immediate Start-Saudi Arabia-c50k Tax Free Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Tax free and travel, Saudi Arabia
- Senior Brand Manager Salt £160 - £190 per day, Reading
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, london
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media