Mark Coad appointed PHD Group Australia CEO
Mark Coad, former chief executive of OMD Australia, is rejoining Omnicom Media Group after nearly three years to take on the CEO role for PHD Group Australia.
The CEO role is newly created, following the expansion of the PHD Network in Australia, reports Campaign Asia.
Coad left OMD at the end of 2009 to take up the position of CEO of CHE, a Clemenger Group creative agency. He said that while he loved the challenge of running a creative agency, he missed the media agency side.
He said: "When this opportunity came up – working with people who I know, trust and have great respect for – it was a no-brainer."
The role will encompass the PHD Sydney operation, and will include the recent successful launch of PHD Melbourne, set up to handle the A$120m (£79m) global ANZ media account.
It also includes responsibility for the Foundation business, a media activation joint venture business between Clemenger Group and Omnicom Media Group.
Barry Cupples, CEO, Omnicom Media Group APAC, said Coad's return was a "real coup" for the media industry.
"He is a world-class talent and we welcome him home with open arms. Truly, great news for PHD and the wider Omnicom Media Group network," Cupples said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - B2B and B2C integrated and digital comms JEFFERSON £30,000 - 40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE MANAGER 35-45k London Creative Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Manager - Mobile Loyalty Digital Gurus £25000 - £37000 Per Annum, London
- UI Designer - Unrestricted Creative, Prototyping and Innovation ADLIB Upto £25k DOE, Bristol
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director - Luxury Property Gemini Search Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum, City of London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake