Vodafone creates Tate mobile handset
Vodafone is to launch a limited-edition mobile handset in conjunction with Tate, the first time in a decade that the gallery group has partnered a corporate sponsor to produce a commercial product.
The Smart II devices will be available from selected retailers from mid-August. They will come with a two-for-one entry ticket that can be used to visit Tate Modern or Tate Britain until 31 January next year.
Vodafone asked Tate Collective, a group of art students and enthusiasts, to submit ideas for the handset. The winning design was created by 19-year-old Gaby Sahhar, who will start studying at Goldsmiths later this year.
The release of the handset marks the first time Vodafone Group has exploited its partnership with Tate since it was announced last year.
Clare Sheikh, global brand director at Vodafone, said collaboration had been a 'great opportunity' for Vodafone to work with 'upcoming talent' to create a product designed for a younger demographic.
Vodafone's Smart II handset will cost £70 for pay-as-you-go customers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £42000 per annum, Farringdon
- SEO Specialist AF Selection £20,000 - £25,000 DOE, Worcestershire/Birmingham
- Marketing Executive - Financial Sector Ninesharp £200 per day, Manchester
- Global Production Director Dynamic New Alliances £90000.00 - £130000.00 per annum + relocation package , South Korea
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office