Vodafone creates Tate mobile handset
Vodafone is to launch a limited-edition mobile handset in conjunction with Tate, the first time in a decade that the gallery group has partnered a corporate sponsor to produce a commercial product.
The Smart II devices will be available from selected retailers from mid-August. They will come with a two-for-one entry ticket that can be used to visit Tate Modern or Tate Britain until 31 January next year.
Vodafone asked Tate Collective, a group of art students and enthusiasts, to submit ideas for the handset. The winning design was created by 19-year-old Gaby Sahhar, who will start studying at Goldsmiths later this year.
The release of the handset marks the first time Vodafone Group has exploited its partnership with Tate since it was announced last year.
Clare Sheikh, global brand director at Vodafone, said collaboration had been a 'great opportunity' for Vodafone to work with 'upcoming talent' to create a product designed for a younger demographic.
Vodafone's Smart II handset will cost £70 for pay-as-you-go customers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Broadcast Buyer - Leading Gaming & Confectionery Clients Ultimate Asset £28000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Publisher Development Manager - video Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + commission, London
- Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive JV Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work
- US holiday campaign round-up 2014
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control