Sky poaches Liz Darran for senior marketing role
BSkyB is set to appoint WCRS managing partner Liz Darran to a new senior marketing position, as part of the ongoing restructure of its sales and marketing function.
Darran, who is the ad agency's client managing director on the broadcaster's business, will join BSkyB early next year. The details of the position are still being finalised but it is understood that it will be equivalent to a brand director role and will sit in the new brand management division.
Darran, who has been with WCRS since joining as a graduate in 1994, will report to Stephen Van Rooyen, managing director, sales and marketing, at Sky.
In the past year BSkyB has made several changes to its sales and marketing department under Van Rooyen,who was appointed in August 2011.
In January, former BBC Worldwide marketer Luke Bradley-Jones joined as brand director, television products, with responsibility for the marketing of Sky's TV products such as Sky Go, Sky Anytime+ and Sky Multiroom.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Director - 9 month maternity cover The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £70K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Associate Director - Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £63000 + pension + additional benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Licensing Senior Category Manager - Valencia Spain . 75,000 Euros Mark Paine Recruitment 75,000 EUROS, Spain
- Creative Brand Strategist Rare Selection £35 - £50K (benefits TBA), London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media